Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yeah, it was really cold here yesterday morning and today as well, so I started a fire too. We uesd to have a cat who would lie on the registers in the floor like that (but he did it in the summer time when it was hot :)).

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, she is a sweet girl. It will be a year in January since we adopted her and her temperament is quite sweet - sometimes. She used to nip but has not done that in a long time (knock on wood). She can get a bit of a temper if I pick her up and cuddle/kiss her and that ends up with a swat to my leg when I put her down, but on my lap I get head butts and nuzzles which are sweet. She just has that mean streak now and then but I've learned the triggers.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
A real fire!! I miss real fires. Both fireplaces in the house are gas and we hardly ever turn them on because it's expensive. :lol: Back when they were installed gas was cheap.

Lacy is looking very cozy and content.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Awwwww she's cute as a button!!! And...I didn't realize her name was lacey MAE......adorable name...I mean not that lacey by itself isn't...but I love the Mae. Too cute!!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The MAE was an add on! Not an official part of her name but I used it one day and it sounded cute together. Hubby calls her Lacey Potatoes (???). No idea where that comes from either. Since I am the mommy, I overrule him and her official, unofficial name is Lacey Mae.

We love our wood fires, too. We've toyed with the idea of converting to gas but I love the snap and crackle of wood. We start up this time of year and finish early May. The downside is the house will smell like smokey chimney on occasion in the summer humidity. Not necessarily bad, but unpleasant when it's not wanted.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hahahaha sometimes I call gizmo.....giz von liz ? Where that came from haha no idea. I love lacey mae!! And sadie woo...another posters kitty

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And here we are enjoying some outdoor fire pit time with friends last night. It was cold, but not too cold and not windy - perfect fire pit weather!

Poor Jack was crying to join us, but no kitties allowed outside the porch! The bright light in the background is a tiki torch.

View attachment 34817

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Aww what a comfy girl! She is just loving that warmth it looks like. I know what you mean about nicknames - our cats have always had tons of them. Mystique is already picking up nicknames - my husband calls her Misty and I call her 'Teeka' (spelling comes closest to how it sounds).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts