Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a cat and introduced her to our existing cat in span of over 7 days. As of now she's living in the bathroom 97% of the time. I've noticed that the resident cat has absolutely no odor in his fur, but the new cat always has a slight smell of urine. if you pet her, your hands will smell. She isn't urinating on herself because it's on her back(spine). I'm thinking that she isn't grooming properly due to stress or the new environment (she does clean her feet though). She was pretty stressed the first few days but has since settled down. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
If the introduction to your incumbent cat was accomplished in 7 days, why is she living in the bathroom? I'd be more concerned about figuring out how the urine is getting on her back rather than that she's not grooming it off. Maybe she's laying in the litterbox? Cats will often seek small enclosed spaces when stressed. Maybe give her a "cave" type bed...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Same thing I was wondering... how on earth does one get pee on their back? I was wondering if maybe the other cat peed on her 0_o I have no idea... Either way, poor thing!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's in the bathroom since its her "Safe zone". The new cat still wants to play with her all of the time and i'm not comfortable leaving them alone while at work.

The current cat definitely is not spraying, and I don't think she rolled around in the litter pan. No evidence of dust on her fur. She doesnt smell like pure urine but definitely has a urine-like "musk". My original hypothesis was that maybe she wants to smell a little bit right now to establish her scent in the bathroom. Who knows!

This morning she fell into the shower while she was peeking in from the toilet bowl. She has a strange attraction to water and regularly dips her front paws in the toilet bowl! Anyway she jumped out immediately. This released lots of stink...Maybe for the better.

·
Registered
804 Posts
LOL I'd have love to see her scramble out of the shower... My cat Tugs fell into the tub once being nosey when I was showering and you'd have thought the hounds of **** were at his feet...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I was worried about her though. Loves the water. She diped herself in a toilet bowl with urine this morning. Thankfully I got her to clean her hands in the tub by filling it up.
Sigh...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ah yes, the magical toilet.... I keep all toilet seats and lids down at all times or it may end up being used as a personal jacuzzi... Could she have been in it before and maybe that's why she smelled like pee?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. I left the toilet down last night, and found litter in there this morning. Its a heavy wood type also! Ack. She's smelling better now though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts