Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators: If anything about this is improper, please delete the thread! I was hesitant to address the subject but was hopeful we could have an informative discussion and learn from one another.

Note to the guys: unless you have something which you can respectfully add in regards to your personal views or experiences of women in your life, this thread isn't for you. No smart remarks, guys, please...be nice! This is a very sensitive subject for some of us. :|

My situation: I am the mother of two teen daughters, but this isn't about them. My "two ladies" (aka breasts) have been stretched out of shape and gone south...caused by yo-yo dieting in my teens and twenties; nursing my babies (my size was much larger prior to pregnancy, but after I stopped nursing, the size changed significantly); and (of course) lack of skin elasticity related to middle age and my increasing awareness of gravity. 8O

I feel very insecure about the shape, size (not to mention one is about 1/2 cup smaller than the other) and location, but am also aware that I am at a higher risk for complications during surgery than average, due to having fms/cfs and possibly a yet-to-be-diagnosed illness (I am still being tested for MS, Lupus, Lyme's and a host of other 'fun stuff', but I doubt that any of these will be found). I would love to have a slight increase in size (from an "almost B" to a full C) but that isnt' my main concern. I would just like to see them back to where they should be, and symmetrical so a lift would probably be enough for me. This feels more like correcting a defect rather than making a change for vanity reasons.

There are other procedures I would like to have to fine-tune some other areas, but it would purely be vanity procedures. However, the first issue I addressed has seriously damaged my esteem...especially since I have two teen daughters who are very developed, my now 14 y.o. was larger than I am now by the time she was ten years old *wipes at tear of self pity* :lol:

I would love feedback from those who have had or have considered having cosmetic surgery, especially a breast lift or breast enhancement. Trust me, I have tried every exercise, bra, "snake oil" treatment...you name it...but the truth is that I am a typical middle-aged mom (less endowed than most, but still -) who didn't experience the exception when it came to my *sniffle* aging body. :wink:

btw, on a positive note...this is probably one of the best ages to be: I'm soon to be 39; my kids are nearly grown, I have a great hubby who loves me no matter what gravity does to certain parts of me ( :wink: ) and I have the freedom to pursue my dreams: whenever I figure out what they are, that is. :lol: I am lucky enough to not *have* to work, which is a blessing for me in multiple ways. We have managed to plan ahead very well and my hubby is probably going to retire between 50-55 years of age, so we will have plenty of time to travel and enjoy our lives together. :D

·
Banned
804 Posts
I dont see anything wrong with breast augmentation/implants if it is done for the right reasons. you can go through tests before the surgery to see how you deal with the various situations and anesthetics. I myself being a small chested woman have contemplated it myself because everything fits my bum and nothing fits my boobs and im tired of using silicone-in-bra enhancements just to fill a top of a dress in...but like you i have my MD to be concerned about. Just ask a doctor and they can tell you whether you can or not ;)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My mom had it done many years ago.
She went from an A to a full C.
I don't see anything wrong with it.
On a side note, I think it's normal for your breasts to be slightly different sizes.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Brynn

I am only 24 years old with DD's which are already saging just to due to their weight and some yoyo dieting. I am planning on having children and know they are just going to become more and more saggy and well just not so nice looking. Anyway, i quess my point is, my husband and i have already talked about my having a lift once i am done having children, and possibly a reduction.

I do not see anything wrong with breast augmentation when done right, and for good reasons. As long as you do it for yourself and not cause someone else wants you to.

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Life if short, might as well be happy so I say, go for it as long as it won't put your health in danger.

I'm 29 and am planning on kids. Well, I'm about a c and my boobs are hanging a little low but I've been working out lately and doing push ups and that seems to be lifting them up a little. It's totally normal to have one boob larger. Remember, if you are right handed, the right side of your body is going to be a little toner because you use that side more...I'm left handed and my left boob is smaller and more tone.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Ianthe said:
"there is no ugly woman as long as the skin is smooth"
HUH :?: :?:
He thinks that as long as the skin looks good, the woman looks good.

When the University abruptedly terminated my stipend three months ago, I panicked and I cut my gas, my TV cable, and my phone service. I also cut all the soap and detergent usage in my life. I quit eating chocolate.

Three months had passed and my skin had NEVER looked more radiant. I love the new soap-free life (no pun intended) and leaving soap out of my life had made me a lot healthier and more beautiful. I have not had any acne since the beginning of the summer. The fine lines on my face and the bags under my eyes disappeared.

I don't miss any of those things. I will not re-introduce them into my life once I get my stipend again in September. My life is better without them.

I think cosmetic surgery is a better bang for the buck for women over 50 because the results would be much more dramatic.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I don't want to mess with this thread,, but shengmei, from what i read is that you don't wash yourself or you clothes with soap?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ta3339 said:
Brynn

I am only 24 years old with DD's which are already saging just to due to their weight and some yoyo dieting. I am planning on having children and know they are just going to become more and more saggy and well just not so nice looking. Anyway, i quess my point is, my husband and i have already talked about my having a lift once i am done having children, and possibly a reduction.

I do not see anything wrong with breast augmentation when done right, and for good reasons. As long as you do it for yourself and not cause someone else wants you to.

Good luck!
LOL Krista.... exactly the same thing for me. DD's are heavy!!!! I am also 24, and I hope to have children soon! (My wedding is next year, so I'd give myself hopefully a year or so after that before I get there...)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
To follow up on what shengmei is saying, the sulfates (sodium laurel, sodium laureth, ammonium laurel, ammonium laureth) are terribly destructive to your skin and hair, yet they are standard ingredients in most shampoos and soaps. They are intense drying agents, sucking the moisture out of what they're used on. Sulfates are why you get dry, flaky skin after doing dishes, and they're why so many of us need to use conditioner. Dryness contributes to tangles and breakage.

It's possible to find soap that doesn't contain any sulfates - just check the labels (many of these soaps will be advertised on the front label as 'milk and honey'). I can almost promise you that switching to one of these hand soaps will cut your need for lotion in half. It's brilliant.

There was a period of four months when I went no-shampoo, and my hair was unbelievable. It's naturally curly, but was usually reduced to frizz within two hours of getting out of the shower. It's because I was stripping all the moisture out of my hair, and curly hair needs even more moisture than straight. I found a conditioner without silicones (if you use a conditioner with silicone or dimethicone, you'll need a shampoo, because it will build up and get sticky over time - Suave Naturals conditioners have no silicone, and you can't beat the price), mixed up my own scrub of conditioner and brown sugar, and I used that every two or three days - no shampoo. Apply to hair, working in and massaging, let it sit for two minutes, then rinse with lukewarm or cool water. I had the most incredible ringlets ever. I've lapsed in the practice, but now that I'm going back to school next month and will be doing more auditions, I'm going to get back into it. Looking forward to it!

The basic reason that people can do this and not walk around looking like a greaseball is that your body will cease the overproduction of oils when you stop stripping them from it. After about a week of feeling 'icky', during which time your body is realigning itself, your body will find a new balance.

I remember being very irritated over the shampoo/conditioner thing. It's such a racket... the shampoos have sulfates, which makes the hair tangle, so you need conditioner; the conditioners have silicones, which makes the hair gunky, so you need shampoo. It's maddening. It was oddly delightful to subvert the whole scheme. ;)

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
I don't see amything wrong with cosmetic surgery. My only problem with boob jobs is that they aren't permanent - if they lasted forever I would get an uplift myself. I just rely on an amazing bra collection :D

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and you have my support - but I say buy an expensive bra first to see if it does the job. My bras really have majorly boosted my confidence! I am a 36EE and I LOVE my boobs! :lol:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ems,
If I had EE's I'd be in love with them, too! :D :lol:

My oldest daughter (18 y.o.) wears a 34DD but really needs a larger cup size - Victoria's Secret doesn't carry anything that fits her properly and I haven't the slightest idea where to look for something that would. She hates her boobs and wants a reduction. She wants to run around in little halter tops with no bra, but she can't. She is almost 6', weighs about 130 pounds, and has her boobs hanging over all sides of her DD bra. She can't go without a bra, as gravity has taken it's toll on her, even at her young age, and she has never had yo-yo weight issues.

I hope this isn't against the rules...I don't know how to put photos on a post, but this is a link to a picture of her:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v629/boom ... 7_2734.jpg
If I broke a rule, feel free to slap my wrists, mods...and I will go to the corner in shame. :oops:

My 14 year old daughter is about 5'9", weighs about 130 and wears a 34D, which she is outgrowing. She JUST turned 14! ARGH! My genetics! Where are MY :!: BOOBS :?: *sobs*it*just*isn't*fair* :lol: :lol: Both of my daughter's HATE their big boobs. And just where is the appreciation? HUH? I sacrificed! I elected to have no boobs, just to save that trait for my daughters. And they don't even want them. :roll: :lol: :wink:
*pouts* I don't have a link to a pic of my 14 y.o., but it's just as well. She's a minor. My oldest daughter is an adult.

Remember, ladies: I am almost 40. I am 5'6" and I have weighed between *almost* 180 (right after my daughter was born) to as little as 112 when I was 30. Right now, I hang around the 130# mark...wish it was closer to 120, but my metabolism sucks! Peri-menopause + FMS/CFS + general laziness. Most of high school, I was a bit overweight. I usually weighed around 150 or so...still no boobs then, either.

When I was nursing my daughters, I proudly wore my 36D nursing bra - but darned if those things on my chest didn't deflate like last month's party balloons once the nursing stopped. Now, If I gather them up and put them into a bra, what's left of them is *almost* a B cup...but not quite.
I'm not young any more *sniffle* :D and the elasticity DOES go, regardless of how many good bras you have, how well you exercise, how good your diet is, etc. For some, later...for me, it was sooner.

For all of you ladies under the age of 30 who enjoy the freedom of being bra-less: *insert JAWS theme music* gravity will find you! Even if you are a lowly B cup. (I know, I was one of them...still hate to wear bras!)

So, my main issue isn't so much that I have no boobs...it's more of the fact that I have empty boob-shells :lol: I would love to be a nice, round, perky 34C or 36D, but *sigh* I would also like to be 25 years old forever. No, wait. I take that back. My life sucked when I was 25 (but ****, I looked good! - Even without boobs!) :wink: :lol:

In all seriousness...thanks for the feedback, everyone. I am not opposed to cosmetic surgery in the least. I am, however, opposed to pain :!: and the risk of not "getting my money's worth" (aka botched boob job)...as well as possible risks to my health if I were to get implants (still a big controversy - silicone vs saline).

I doubt that I will ever get surgery done (until they find the perfect way to remove excess fat via liposuction without causing excess skin, then transplant that removed fat into the breasts; leaving them perfectly proportioned and the fat evenly distributed...fully guaranteed never to shift, dimple or roll). When that comes along...I will be first in line! :wink:

*sigh* I may not like them *looks down, sees nothing, shakes head* but my hubby still thinks they are the best toys ever. *shrugs* :roll: go figure! :lol:

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I am very funny this way......

I am not morally opposed to the removal of unwanted body parts. It is natural. People had been doing that for thousands of years. It is like removing the appendis and the wisdom teeth...those things simply are not needed and only take up extra time and energy to maintain.

However, I am morally opposed to the addition of body parts. Those things are not natural. Science and technology can only make them so close to the human body and there is a high risk that the human body can reject the extra parts and ignite an autoimmune disease.

As I have said, I can be very morally ambiguous.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Brandon and I have had similar discussions...

I'm 5'2", with a 36D cup. I'm about *cry* 150lbs, but I don't look it. I'm proportioned, but I know if I lost weight (I wanna lose 20lbs) the boobs would still be there. I was 120lbs at my height and STILL had them (I always felt like I was going to topple over).

I told Brandon that after I have kids, and we're DONE having kids, I'll probably want a tummy tuck and a breast lift (maybe a reduction too). He basically said there was nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Brynn....I nursed 5 of my 6 children...I feel your pain!!! :lol:

I would not have surgery myself...I have seen the procedure and it looks terrifying! My husband loves me and he doesnt have any room to complain anyways.... :lol: His body is far from ideal too.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
brynn,

I know how you feel about your daughters. my mom is flat as a board and i have DD's. As far as finding bras for your oldest, try Lane Bryant, Fredricks of Hollywood, Pennys, Bare Nessesities, and even outlet bali stores.

I know i can not wear anything in Vicky's they are just not made for big busted women. I am amazingly in love with these new bras at Target for only $9.99!!!!! I have never been able to wear cheap bras before.. but they have no underwire and are just cotton! I LOVE THEM! they do tend to shrink a little when dried in the dryer, but as long as i hang dry them they are great!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My hubby has clearly stated that he does NOT want me to have anything done. He loves the "natural" look and thinks breasts with implants are unattractive. Now, is he being truthful? Or is he sparing my feelings? He told me from the very beginning that he is a "boob" man. Woe is me! Why, oh why is he not a butt man...or even better: a leg man? Now, there I can compete! :p

I never like to take my shirt off in front of him, which annoys him...but it is something I have a horrible time over-coming. Sheesh...we've been together since 1997...I'm pretty sure he knows what they look like. Probably much better than I do...I don't like them, they don't like me, so we avoid eye-contact (I'm pretty sure they have my toenails memorized, though). :lol:

When it all comes down to it, no woman is ever 100% happy with her body. It's all a matter of "learning to love yourself and embrace the flaws that make you unique". Uhmmm...still working on that one. :wink: :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ta3339, What brand have you fallen in love with? If you want to pm the info to me, that would be great!

The problem with my girls is that they need 32-34" around and DD (actually larger for my 18 y.o.) cups. That's a hard combination to find. Most of the DD cups seem to be in 38" and up. My 14 y.o. should be wearing a 32D or 32DD, we aren't sure yet...but try to find those sizes! We went with a 34C, which gives her no support at all. It's really frustrating to spend $50 on a bra at VS for my daughter, thinking I am helping her (she is growing soooo fast, and we have to get her a new size every 3 months!) and then the underwire pokes out of the fabric within 2 weeks, she clasps it on the inner-most clasps, but it is still too big around, yet the cup cuts into the tops of her breasts, and they spill out through the bottom, too.

I always put both of my daughters in VS bras from day one...they started developing early and I wanted to make sure they got the best support. Unfortunately, I learned too late that the $$$ does not make the bra. VS doesn't have the quality to match the price, imo.

I may try the Frederick's for myself, though...get some of those silicone inserts. I have a formal event this weekend (uhg!) and it is so hard to find a decent dress with no boobs. Soooo...maybe a trip to Fredericks and then to find the formal. God, I hate these gatherings! Having to make that all-important "political" hoity-toity business b.s. *sigh* Anyone wanna go to a formal? I would rather be on catforum. :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts