Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a morning it has been.

So I was sitting outside with Cinder this morning cuddling with him ( he has become such a huge cuddle bug) when the lady from up the street (about a 15 min walk)came in to my yard and claimed Cinder was hers and she wanted him back.

Now I have seen her feeding a few cats on her driveway before, several of which were black. So I have no reason to believe that maybe he isnt one of hers,

While still holding Cinder I talked to her for a bit trying to get her to just let him stay here, and saying that he had ID on him when he came up. The whole time Cinder is sitting with me and I notice him very lightly hissing at her.

She just kept on going on how she wanted her cat back.. well she wasnt saying it nicely like that.

She then took the Cinder from my arms. Which Cinder did NOT like at all and did everything he could to get out of her hands. But she had a tight hold on him.

At this point I was just shocked and was like Well if you are gonna take him you better take his medication to put on his neck.

At this point between Cinder fighting her and what I said about his meds she threw him down and said I dont want no cat who has issues..

So yeah, that was my morning. I told her as she left to not set foot on my land again and if she did I would call the cops.

And poor Cinder was just so up set from this and all he wanted was more belly rubs.

Since he has been here I havent seen him react so badly to anything like he did that lady.

I knew with him being a stray there was a possibility that he belonged to someone else. And Im not doubting the possibility of him being a kitten to the black cats that hang by her place. I just didnt think Id be confronted like that.

Have any of yall ever had something like the happen?? Or am I just that "lucky" LOL

·
Registered
188 Posts
My story..

What is up with all the drama with black cats lol. Well, at my old place where I used to be there was a black cat. I thought that he was stray because I fed him, he was inside my house all the time, slept there everything he did at my house. Nobody put up lost poster looking for him. Well, I wanted him. So I paid for his shots, the vet also dewormed, and neuter him. So, I guess someone must have seen him inside my house or hanging at my porch because next thing I knew he "Blackie" the name I gave him came to my house with a collar with a name and phone number. Well he also came with a pink cat dress, and other ridiculous clothing for females. I guess they just put a collar just for fun because they didn't even realized Blackie was a he not a she. Well, I stop feeding him for two weeks because I didn't want any problems. Well, for the time I didn't feed him he lost a lot of weight and was so emaciated that my husband said to feed or else he was going to get sick. Anyways I think that legally he was mine because the vet papers and certificate said he is mine because I paid for his medical bills. So to make the story short...when I moved from there, I catnap blackie jejejejejeje and he is now the big brother of Danna my female cat, and mommy's little boy. He cuddles, and kisses me, and follows me everywhere. He is my cat, and I loved him. IF I had left him there, I am sure he would of died. What you should do is go to the vet and have them give you copies of everything you have paid for Cinders. That way you can prove he is your cat, and you have been taking care of him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. She didn't have to be nasty. That said, anyone who has an outdoor cat should keep a collar on him with his name, and your phone number. Or, have him registered at your vet, and have a microchip implanted in his neck.
I really hope all of the cats in question are fixed.
I hope you have a quiet evening with your little furball!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts