Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only kidney i am able to get consistently is lamb. Should that be okay even though i don't feed much lamb meat? I know you want to try match up the organs with the meat source. However is it okay to feed a differant kidney than the rest of the meat?

thanks

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It's absolutely fine. I feed mixed species meals all the time. In one meal I may serve chicken neck, venison meat, pork liver, and beef kidney. There's not a thing in the world wrong with using lamb kidney with other types of meat and liver.

Laurie

·
Banned
952 Posts
laurief said:
It's absolutely fine. I feed mixed species meals all the time. In one meal I may serve chicken neck, venison meat, pork liver, and beef kidney. There's not a thing in the world wrong with using lamb kidney with other types of meat and liver. Laurie
Right on. I have yet to hear or read of any biological basis to the theory that meats and organs need to be matched when fed.

So, I don't worry about it. And I'd recommend you not worry either. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yep my cats hate chicken liver so I can't ever match that with chicken muscle meat meal. Mine is always mixed. Usually beef liver, pork kidney, chicken bones and some type of muscle meat.

Leslie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts