Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

Those of you with lap cats, how long did it take for them to become a lap cat. I guess another way of asking this same question is: If my two guys (who will be 2 in August) are not yet lap cats, is there any hope of them becoming lap cats?

I really would like them to become lap cats, but I don't think it is going to come naturally to them. Can they be trained to become lap cats? I love them regardless, and they are great mousers, but I would like lap cats too. All they want to do is play........ :lol:

Any advice?

·
Registered
209 Posts
mine wanted nothing to do with a lap until they got a little older, around 2 years old i think. its probably better that way, having a hyper cat in yr lap isn't pleasant :shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
re: lap cats

Bubba will be 7 in July and has never had the desire to be a lap cat. Actually until the dog came into the house almost a year ago Bubba really didn't even want to be on the sofa with us. But now, if the dog is on the sofa the cat must be too! But no laps! The cat I had before Bubba was a real lover. So much so that anytime you tried to sit down or lay down she was up in your lap (if she wasn't outside 'hunting'), I don't remember her ever being anything different so I suppose she was born a lap cat.

I've experienced both and can't say I have a preference either way. I was in high school with the previous cat so having a big cat in your lap and trying to do homework could sometimes be a pain. On the flipside my current cat is so independant its easy to forget about him (except during dinnertime, of course).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts