Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else watching this show? I love it! Stand-up has to be one of the hardest and most lonely ways to make a living.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I watched the first and second season and pretty much forgot about it... I also saw the first episode this season and again, forgot about it. I'm just not back on a regular schedule of tv watching.

I love stand up though and in general really like the show. I do get really frustrated because the people I think are great always get kicked off and I think its usually the least funny people that win.

I have to admit I have a huge crush on John Heffron though (season 2?) :oops:

The other thing I think is REALLY unfair is that my understanding of the show is for unknown comedians to get a break and win a set on tv. EVERY season I've seen people audition (and some make it pretty far!!) that I've already seen with specials on Comedy Central. The few episode I caught I think last season? there was someone I knew very well but don't remember who he was - never thought he was that funny but you could tell the judge knew him and kept allowing him forward like he was just a riot every time he went on stage.

Its gonna bug me until I remember who it is though...

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was seriously crushing on John Hefron, too! :D He recently had a special on the Comedy Channel and I forgot to record it! UGH!

I know what you mean about some of the comics not being amateurs. One season there was even a controversy because the producers were putting people through that the judges didn't vote for and they let it be known. NBC didn't even finish running the rest of the episodes - the season finished on Bravo.

I didn't recognize anyone this season, thank goodness. But I felt bad when there were so many people for each show and only two or three got chosen.

I don't like the trio or the duos that have made it through. I like the guy from India and the woman who is English and Iranian (I think).

·
Registered
27 Posts
one guy who made it far that sucked was john london, i think that was his name, his last name was london...

I think season 2 was where they had special guests and the guys they voted for didnt go thru... Drew Cary was one of the guests yeah?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I remember the screw up a few years ago and the judges just walking out.

I wasn't a fan of the singing guys but I kinda sorta liked the twins. They were horrible annoying... but I think that's why I liked them :)

I really don't remember much about the first group of people I actually DID see this season, just that I really really liked a few that didn't go on.

I need to get better about watching it. Once they all start living together is when the fun starts :)

I did manage to catch about half of John Heffron's latest show and really liked it. I'm just sad I haven't seen it on again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts