Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my kitties their late birthday present...a laser toy found at a pet store! :D I also got a sign that says "Beware of Cat" because that's just too funny.
So far Justin looooves it and Stormy likes it. I've been sitting in my chair having Justin run back and forth all the way to the front door trying to get it. It's his new weight loss regimen and best of all, it involves minimal effort on my part!
I plan to alternate this with their more traditional toys including cat dancer, so that they can catch something. Poor kitties do seem a bit confused when I stop shining it, they're still trying to find it.
I'm sure my fiance will have fun with them this weekend. I'm gone to my parent's house for a bridal shower and he's in charge of coming over and taking care of them while I'm gone. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
my kitties figured out the laser wasn't real pretty quick. sometimes they'll bat at the pen and give big pleading 'play with me?' eyes.

but i will never stop getting a kick out of 'spin the kitty'. :twisted:
their little paws smacking around in circles. :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Those lasers are great for cats! My Brother has a cat that is wild about them. She spends all her time trying to find the laser dot, long after my Brother stops using it. So funny! I used to have one, I'm gonna get another soon. :D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Stephen loves the laser pointer. Ours is the keychain type, and if she hears it rattle, she is there in an instant waiting to play.

I always make it "disappear" down this vent by our entertainment center when I'm ready to put it away. She's learned that when it goes down there playtime is over.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just got another laser pointer thinking it was the beam that was too bright. But the same thing happened that happened before: They'll play with it maybe once, and then for several days will just stare at it moving in a crouched position. Only if I bring it real close to them will they bat at it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Stephen does the same thing. They figure out that it will come to them eventually.

The only time she will race after it is if I run it across the couch (We have a big L-shaped couch) or if I run it into another room.

Kitties just get lazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts