Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving on Sunday to fly to Washington State to get married. I'll be arriving home on the 16th (Sabby's 15th birthday). I'm really excited about the trip and the wedding, but the thought of leaving Sabby for a week is making me really nervous. I've got a whole team of people to stop by and visit him, give him his injections and food and everything, but...I don't know. I just really am not comfortable leaving him alone for so long.

I guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Aw.. I can understand why you're worried. Do you have trustworthy people coming by to take care of him? How many times a day will they come and how long will they stay for? I'm sure he'll be fine. I hope you have a good time at your wedding!! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tanyuh said:
Aw.. I can understand why you're worried. Do you have trustworthy people coming by to take care of him? How many times a day will they come and how long will they stay for?
Yes. I've got three people taking turns on the insulin injections and feeding and several co-workers are going to stop by on their lunch breaks to spend time with him. So he'll have visitors three times every day. I'm not sure how long they'll stay, but I would expect about a half hour or so. I'm leaving out "recommended viewing" DVDs for them all.

Cyberpet, your cards are so beautiful! Thank you. :)

Thank you both.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Annissa,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!

I was also worried leaving my Dusty for about 9 days for my Honeymoon last fall. But I worried for nothing - my mother, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all stopped by many times throughout the week. They took excellent care of him and he was perfectly fine when we got home.

Try not to worry about him too much while you're gone and ENJOY YOURSELF! After all, this is a once in a lifetime experience!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congratulations! No worries and have a fantastic time!

Those of us still sitting around waiting for our boyfriends to buy us shiny things for our fingers will be thinking of you full of envy ;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Congratulations on your Wedding, Annissa!
Sabby will more than probably be all right but I know you cannot stop worrying.
I wish I could baby sit him - he is such a sweet heart with the innocent look in his eyes ..makes me melt!
Calling back on him on a regular basis should help some..at least a bit :wink:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The DVD's are a great idea! That's what Joe's sister did when we were away. Her and her husband would rent movies and just watch them at our house to spend some time with the cats. I'm sure he'll be fine! Probably too Many humans visiting him hehehe, kidding.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Anissa, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy and excited for you!!! :D Sabby will be fine, just try to enjoy your special day!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm off!

I'm going to get Sabby from the vet (He was in again for another bout of constipation) and then on Sunday I'm flyin'! If I can't check in from my sister's house I'll be back on the forum on August 23.

I'll miss you all. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts