Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Currently I live with my family, but am going out of state for college in a few weeks. Im saddest to leave my kitty Puff because he doesnt know that I will be back. It seems like he will think I abandoned him, even though hes really attached to my mom as well. I dont know how to make this transition easy for both me and Puff.... I feel sortof dumb, but I consider him my baby. Im gonna miss him soooo much!!!!!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Unfortunately, you can't explain to him that you're going away and will be back to visit... I know how you feel.

A friend had a dog in college and after the first semester or so, the dog figured out that the suitcase was an indicator that she was about to go away again. Boy, did that dog HATE the suitcase! :lol: Although, she never seemed to blame my friend.

Ok, that doesn't really help does it? Just take comfort in knowing that your mom will take really good care of him while you're gone. Those homecomings will be extra-happy for you and Puff!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had to leave me Tiger when I went off to college, and I was told he cried for a few days and looked for mom, but quickly got used to Mom not being there - and this seemed to happen evey time I was home for a few days. It was certainly harder for me though than it was for him. I don't have any great workds of wisdom, but if its any consolation, Tiger still comes running to me to be picked up as soon as I walk through my parents' door, and he doesn't stop purring the whole time I'm there. He's used to the fact that I don't stay long (I've been out of the house for 7 years now...) but I'm still his mom and the cuddles he reserves for me show me every time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts