Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat was diagnosed with FIP a month ago. I started treatment with GS441. My cat is doing very well post 1 month (32 days as of today). I am following the regime that the GS provider is giving me. However, I have a question. According to the supplier the full treatment is 84 days following the clinical trial by Dr.Pedersen I would like to know is it really necessary?
Honestly, my cat was doing really well after 4 days of injections. I couldn't believe my eyes. Since the treatment is not cheap, I would like to know if I can stop early and not complete 84 days. Will this jeopardise all the treatment that i went through?

By the way, my cat was diagnose with wet fip. Water in the belly and didn't want to eat all. Had to force feed him. I got the injections from FIP Treatment | CureFip.com (in case you want to know)

Appreciate your answer.

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
Well, as patients ourselves we are told to finish all of our medication, maybe because it keeps on working even if we feel better. I looked at the website you posted and found this:

FAQ

How long is the treatment?
The recommended length of treatment is 12 weeks. However, the actual treatment length may depend on many factors including how quickly your cat responds to the treatment, the gravity of the FIP infection, your cat's breed, age, overall health. Consult your veterarian on the length of treatment for your cat.
Good luck with this, Amelia, FIP is horrible.

Reactions: sarawei

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly don't stop any medication on your own. Feeling better, both in people and pets, doesn't mean the problem is gone, and some can come back worse than it originally was. I strongly suggest you talk to your Vet about this so you can make an informed decision.
Thank you. I will definitely speak to my vet and ask for recommendation. The medicine for FIP isnt cheap, hence if the treatment can be shorten, it will be really good for us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, as patients ourselves we are told to finish all of our medication, maybe because it keeps on working even if we feel better. I looked at the website you posted and found this:

Good luck with this, Amelia, FIP is horrible.
It is unfortunately. But I am trying me best to help my little one.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank you. I will definitely speak to my vet and ask for recommendation. The medicine for FIP isnt cheap, hence if the treatment can be shorten, it will be really good for us.
That length of treatment is set because that is how long it takes to be sure the treatment has been 100% successful. You don't want to stop before that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts