Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little guy was living in my alley and I ended up taking him in in early May. I talked to a lot of neighbors and they said that I was the only person he was friendly with.

Here he is just a couple weeks later, posing with his catnip mouse:

I sometimes let him drink from the kitchen tap after I'm done with the dishes and (of course) before I wipe down the counters.

Recently, in the past week or so he's taken to sleeping on my radiator.

And one more:

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
What a handsome kitty. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like you got adopted! He's strikingly handsome.

BTW, that radiator doesn't look comfortable, but if he likes it ... well, who knew?

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
he is a real cutie ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
greenighs said:
BTW, that radiator doesn't look comfortable, but if he likes it ... well, who knew?
He first jumped up there to get a better view at a ladybug on the wall and ended up ignoring the bug and falling asleep. I catch him up there almost every day. I'm thinking about building something around the radiator this winter so he can still lay there and be toasty without burning himself.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Wow wow wow!!! What an absolutely beautiful cat. I'm in line with the other people who are in love with him already.

Do you know anything about his past? It looks like he took to indoor living easily, so he must not have been feral? I'm so glad you took him in. I work with a woman who adopted a kitten from the streets of Baltimore too (I work in Rockville), and it's so great that people are taking them off the street.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
October said:
Wow wow wow!!! What an absolutely beautiful cat. I'm in line with the other people who are in love with him already.

Do you know anything about his past? It looks like he took to indoor living easily, so he must not have been feral? I'm so glad you took him in. I work with a woman who adopted a kitten from the streets of Baltimore too (I work in Rockville), and it's so great that people are taking them off the street.
He apparently lived in the alley for 3-4 months before I took him in but I never even saw him until 8 days before I moved him in. He was friendly the first time I met him, I sat on a step about 15 feet away from him and talked to him for a while then he just ran up to me and started rubbing on my legs. I talked to a lot of my neighbors (to make sure I wasn't taking anyone's cat) and several people were feeding him so he did have some limited contact with people but I was the only one that he allowed to pet him. I decided to bring him in because a neighbor thought it would be funny to take his pitbull puppy of its leash to chase the cat "so the cat will learn to like dogs". Leroy was a little scuffed up when I adopoted him but he's doing great now.

He must have been an indoor cat, he took immediately to the litter box and he's not scared of the vacuum cleaner or the window air conditioner (smart little guy sits in front of it stealing all the cool air from me!)

My alley cat:

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
What a sweet face he has. His markings are outstanding. So glad you took him into your home and heart! Kudos!

Has he been nuetered?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I guess I should have said Leroy's mommy is back on this forum after a several month hiatus.

Expect more pictures and stories about this big little guy, he's gotten feistier and more mischievous.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts