Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched to Scoop Away from I believe Cats Pride or something??? I got it because we were on the way home from picking up Oliver and it was all Family Dollar had except really tiny bags of Tidy Cats but I use a large storage bin for a box so I wasn't going to buy 10 of those little bags to fill it!!!

Long story short...I hated it!!!! Didn't clump AT ALL and Ollie pees huge amounts so it sank to the bottom and was just gross and nearly impossible to clean. I dumped the whole bin and started over with SA because of its "hard clumping" advertisement. The box doesn't lie....my dog ripped into a bag of poo/pee clumps and scattered them all over my kitchen. X_x Thankfully they stayed completely clumped with no real "litter" mess to sweep up which really helped win me over.

Downfall....It is horrifically dusty!!!!!

Any litter suggestions that have excellent "clumpage" but way less dust? It kills me cleaning the box!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use Precious Cat (blue bag) and have been happy with it. It clumps well and has much less dust than other brands I've tried (including World's Best).

·
Banned
422 Posts
Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract. Clumps so hard that whenever I scoop up a pee ball I get the impression that I could break someone's window with it. When I take the full bag section out of the Litter Genie to put it in the garbage it looks and feels like I have a bag full of rocks.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I use walmarts special kitty 9.99 for a 40lb bag. It is low dust (I switched from fresh step couldn't take the dust). For the price...special kitty clumps well, its not scented and I scoop 2x per day....I love it you can't tell I have 2 cats in my apartment by smell

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I like Tidy Cats (though it's certainly not dust-free). I've been testing World's Best Cat Litter for a month or so in one of my litter boxes and it does have considerably less dust, but you kind of have to wait for pee to dry a bit before scooping, otherwise it crumbles and makes a big mess. It does a good job at odor control though.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use Precious Cat (blue bag) and have been happy with it. It clumps well and has much less dust than other brands I've tried (including World's Best).
I second this. Dr Elsey's is the best! I've tried all litters since I work at a pet store and I keep going back to this one. Clumps fantastically and doesn't throw up piles of dust. Also the odor is odorless!

·
Registered
233 Posts
We've switched to the "Arm & Hammer" brand called "Clump n Seal" -- comes in a box with a carry handle, slightly resembles a beer can carton.

Fairly pricey but the absolute best litter we've ever used! Because of the excellent clumping, you use less litter between box changes, so the higher price of this litter is somewhat balanced. It is however the most expensive litter we've used, so take note. Sometimes you gotta pay extra to get what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts