Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many people around the world getting slammed with snow and ice, including in LAS VEGAS, I thought it would be fun to post some Snow Pictures !!!

Here is the view of our intersection Tuesday, when the snow started ...

And then yesterday morning BEFORE it really started coming down. We got another 3" yesterday alone

I know alot of people got alot more snow and ice, but this is almost unheard of in the Seattle / Tacoma area of Washington state. All in all, our area here in Tacoma got just about 7" of snow total.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Maybe I'll post some Monday :( I'm expected to drive through a foot or so of snow at 6:00 tomorrow morning for 1.5 hours, while it's still snowing, and it's not even expected to START snowing until 1:00 a.m.! Yeah. Right. I like living. I think I'll be missing class.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
We got about 4" or so last night, and more coming tomorrow into sunday!

Stay safe everyone, and don't venture out if you don't have to!

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
TrinityQuiet said:
Maybe I'll post some Monday :( I'm expected to drive through a foot or so of snow at 6:00 tomorrow morning for 1.5 hours, while it's still snowing, and it's not even expected to START snowing until 1:00 a.m.! Yeah. Right. I like living. I think I'll be missing class.
Not sure what weather report you're looking at, but it's supposed to start snowing any time now...usually an hour or two earlier for you than us. It should pretty well be over by tomorrow morning...but the roads will still be ucky, especially since it's a Saturday.

We're supposed to be getting 6-10" today (a little more where TQ is) and another blast on Sunday. All they're saying about that is 'heavy snow', which usually means anything from about 8-10" up to, well, the most snow we've ever gotten in one storm since I've lived here is 32".

My parents are supposed to be flying in tomorrow afternoon around 3...who knows how that will work out.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Anne, I've been thinking about posting something on the forum to ask you what the heck the weather was doing in the Sea-Tac area! I transcribe for one of the multispecialty clinics in Seattle and work was slower than molasses yesterday and today due to many of the clinics closing early because of the weather. I actually transcribed a note yesterday where the doctor called the patient at home and did a phone consult! Never ran into that situation before.

As for us, it's snowing real lightly right now but by 6 or 7 o'clock tonight we're winds picking up to 25 to 30 mph and anywhere from 4 to 6 inches falling by sometime tomorrow, which is going to cause blizzard conditions. I'm sure we'll be running over to the grocery a couple blocks from here after supper to get a few weekend necessities and come back home to stay like we did last weekend.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
We got 9 inches last night and a few more this morning on top of the several inches that were already on the ground...
It was lot of fun trying to make it into work this morning. Cars have been almost buried by the snow plows. I'll have to take a picture to post.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
here's my street as of now. The plows have finally come through and cleared the road, but there's just no where to put all this snow!

looking the other direction

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Nell said:
here's my street as of now. The plows have finally come through and cleared the road, but there's just no where to put all this snow!
OMGosh! I thought we had a lot of snow! You guys have much more than we do right now. At least ours has fallen in short enough stints for road-cleaning crews to keep it under control every few days or so.

As far as where to put all the snow, at lot of corners of public parking lots are piled up around here, although I cant say whether that's just their snow or the whole town.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Geri, I'm in Madison. It does seem that we get more snow in this area. This is only my 2nd winter in Madison, though. Last year we got 100 inches, which is pretty normal for states in New England, but here it was a record. They're predicting more this year!
Today it was actually not what I'd consider really cold- about 26 degrees right now (thats -5 C to you, Hugh), but by monday its supposed to only be in the single digits (or -15 C). Now thats cold!

Anyone interested in visiting WI for the holidays? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
That looks pretty familiar Nell, I think it will look like that around here by Monday. We had almost 120 inches last winter, which was nearly a record for us, short by 2 inches or so. Definitely gonna be a white Christmas.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Smirkitty said:
I have developed shovelers elbow, and I've only been out twice so far!
That sounds like some comment my Mom made last weekend after all the snow we got then. We got at least 6 to 8 inches (don't remember right off hand) and she shoveled every 3 hours one day just to be sure and keep up with it, so as not to wait for such an amount that it needed a snowblower.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Still keeping my fingers crossed that the rain will turn to snow for Christmas. A white Christmas would be nice!

And, meanwhile, I'm vicariously walking in the snow with Arianwen, making snow angels now and then. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
12,195 Posts
I read the title of this thread and said some nasty words to myself .... we've already had nearly as much snow as we get in a whole winter. After Thanksgiving it turned cold and started snowing and it hasn't stopped. And more on the way. This is going to be a long winter. Anybody who wants some snow can come to Wisconsin and take away as much as they want. We've got way too much!! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Still snowing this morning, looks like about 8 inches. Another 6-10 coming tomorrow.

Looks like my parents will make it here today....the plane for their flight makes a roundtrip from Boston to Florida and back to Boston, it left on time this morning.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts