Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drifter just got home and well... it wasn't pretty. Penny had a fit! I was still taking my shoes off down in the porch when I heard Drifter yelp and a cat spitting. Reyna and Bosco pretty much ignore him so I knew who it was. I run up the stairs into the living room just in time to see Penny launch herself at Drifter's face not once but twice! The first time all four paws grabbed his face and when she let go and he turned to run she bopped him a few more times, spitting at him. She then curled up by the couch and gave him the evil eye. Drifter attempted to sniff her again and she let him have once more before he learned she didn't want to make friends. Penny is not the meek little cat we've all thought she was good gracious! Bosco attempted to calm her by licking her and Reyna either sat by Drifter or close by watching with her usual disgusted face that she shows when Penny is in her view. She's been very warm to Drifter so far as well, more then usual. Rubbing against him and licking him and then going over to bop at Penny.

Everything is calm now but Penny wont let Drifter out of her sight and Drifter is very nervous of her, wont even look in her direction anymore. So Reyna is stalking Penny who is stalking Drifter. My goodness. Anyways, here are a few videos after all the bopping was done.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And those were from when the worst was over and she had calmed down some. I'm hoping they'll get along in a few days or at least tolerate each other. Bosco acted the same way when he first met Drifter but is fine with him now unless Drifter gets to excited.

·
Super Moderator
26,354 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe your husband knew what he was doing in sending Drifter away until the little one gets rehomed. 8O

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh don't say that Marie, you'll make his head grow bigger.

He really has no interest in her, he just wants to check her out like he does to passing dogs when he's on his walkies. Once he gets a good sniff of her he'll leave her alone but poor Penny doesn't understand him. :cry:
I'm sure she's not very keen on dogs because when she was found she was being chased up a tree by a few of them, but as long as she isn't carrying a cookie she's safe from him. :lol:

I'm sure she'll come around once she sees he doesn't mean her any harm.

·
Super Moderator
26,354 Posts
You're right. We don't need OH's head any bigger. :D

They'll work it out, and you're probably right about why she doesn't care for dogs.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can say that again. :roll: I love him but jeez... :lol:

At least now I know she needs to go to a "dog free" home. Not every dog will turn and run when she smacks them around like she did to Drifter, I'd hate to see her do that to the wrong dog and get hurt. I haven't seen her for a few hours now, she's hiding again. -sigh-

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Good luck! Sometimes drama just isn't fun. I hope it works out, and they can all be happy. Poor Penny though, she must be scared. Hope she soon realizes she'll be ok.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well one big step forward has been taken.

Penny will now enter a room that Drifter is in on her own free will as long as we're in there and she can hide behind our legs.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very much so Maria. He's stuck to me like glue when Penny is around and will hide his face in my leg if I'm walking around the house with his tail between his legs. He's a wimp when it comes to cats, now put another dog infront of him or a mailman and you've got big trouble. 8O

He sticks to the walls when he's leaving the room and she's in it lol, I find it very amusing and Penny is getting a little more interested in him. He was sitting behind me on the floor this morning his head resting on my shoulder while Penny was in my lap getting her morning rubs. Penny gave one little hiss and then calmed down to enjoy the attention. :D

She's also crawling closer and closer to him when he stays still. Drifter turns his face away when he sees her lol, smart dog.

ETA: Maria I'm thinking that Penny is so upset with Drifter because she was chased up a tree by a pack of dogs at the barn she was found at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts