Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newest acquisition, Gore 1 1/2 y is lethargic. He responds with delay to external stimulus.I have him for 2 weeks period since he's gone through many treatments including being neutered, dewormed, fleas and ticks, ear mites you name it.Right now, because of a mild UTI he's on antibiotic.We've seen the vet twice up to now in 2 weeks and when I mentioned about this lethargy he said partially is coming from anemia and partially from hormones and it is going to go away.
He eats good and pee and his poop he pee are good.He's grooming himself all the time.If I really incite him with a small mouse toy or the laser toy he plays but just for couple of seconds.
Opinions???

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Surgery all by itself can be very physically draining on any animal, and anemia will leave an animal weak and tired. Combine both of those with vaccinations; flea, worm, and ear mite treatments; a UTI; and antibiotics; and it's no wonder your new boy is feeling under the weather (in fact, it's surprising that he can lift his head at all). SHAME ON YOUR VET for performing surgery and the other treatments on an anemic, ailing cat!!! If I were you, I would switch to another vet immediately and permanently.

Eating, eliminating, and grooming are all very good signs. As long as he continues to perform those functions properly, just give him quiet time to recover from the rest of it. Don't try to intice him to play. His body needs to rest and recuperate. If he is still lethargic in two weeks, find another vet for a checkup.

Laurie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts