Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so I'm not talking about trolls anymore.

But, this is a "no cats involved" picture so I put it up in the lounge.
It's one that's turned up from my past. Ahhhhhhhhh.......

It's me with my first ever dog who was called Kim and he came into my life around 1963 and was my best friend and companion for 14 years.

Thanks to my sister for digging up this fond memory (sniff)

PS, I'm the one on the right :)

Mick.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
1973. I was 7 years old and this was my first horse, Carrot. C'mon, I was 7 when I named her! She was only 3. My Mom called me "Loper" because I could lope/canter on her and stay on. I was able to be fluid and move with the horse.
Carrot is not my all-time, once-in-a-lifetime horse, that honor goes to Cochise, a bay Appy gelding I had for 18yrs.

Please note that I am wearing boots. I insisted you HAD to wear boots to ride a horse. I made Dad take his off and let me wear them. They bought me my own pair that week.
...I'll add like Mitch, I am the one sitting in the saddle, not wearing it. :D

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
These are my first two cats, Chessie and Daffy. My parents got Chessie, with the black nose, when I was 8 months old. He lived until I was 23.

This is me with my dog Mac. Probably taken in '72 or '73. Doesn't everything look so very 70's?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heidi n Q said:
...I'll add like Mitch, I am the one sitting in the saddle, not wearing it. :D
Strangely enough Heidi, you are the second person in two days on two seperate forums that has called me "Mitch" :?

Now that IS weird

Mick.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
:oops: Sorry? :D

...I'm familiar with a "Mitch" at a horse-breed forum. Very well-liked and respected. Sorry for the gaff, though...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Haven't got any computerised photos of me when I was a kid, but I do remember my first pet. It was a hamster called Sam. Named after the guy who came to christmas lunch.... I think he thought I was a bit strange. the only photo of him is of me kind of crushing him against me with my middle two fingers in my mouth as I used to do (I was only about 6...)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think we had a thread like this once before, I've got a few from then hehe.

Me in my dads arms, day I was born.

Me, about 2 years old with our Dog Lassie.

Me holding my first brother, I would be 3 there.

Me on a beach, not sure how old I am.

Me and my sister with my mum (I'm on the right)... My make-up technique has improved since then ;p

Me with my brother and sister (before my other 2 brothers were born, I'm on the left) must be about 6 there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
oklahomegrownveg said:
OMG - that dog looks EXACTLY like my current dog, Sierra! It is scary how much she looks like that. Do you know the breed, by chance? Sierra is a pound puppy, but it turns out she had been spayed already and well taken care of.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mel2mdl said:
OMG - that dog looks EXACTLY like my current dog, Sierra! It is scary how much she looks like that. Do you know the breed, by chance? Sierra is a pound puppy, but it turns out she had been spayed already and well taken care of.
Kim was a Border Collie cross. Crossed with what, I don't know. :)

Lab probably.

Mick.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
My first cat.

His name was Tarrant - I named him after my favourite character in a British Sci-Fi program. Usually called Tarry though.

He was big, fat, and never washed. Used to have weekly baths (I kid you not!).

He met a horrible end aged 2 years when he was killed by two dogs in his own front garden. Its not a scene I'll ever forget. The image of the owners of the dogs laughing and 'having fun' at the expense of my cats life haunts me still. Not sure how old I was but I was just a kid at the time.

I spent a long time after that not liking cats very much because none of them measured up to my Tarry. Until Toby arrived on the scene of course ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts