Cat Forum banner

Let's see your outdoor cat enclosures!

897 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Pooch&Dosscara 
#1 ·
I thought it would be neat to a thread where everyone could post pictures of their outdoor enclosures/runs/fences/etc. Let's see those structures - big and small - that give our cats the best of both worlds! :)

#4 ·
#6 ·
I think for all the mention of outdoor cat enclosures as a suggested alternative for outdoor cats, not too many people actually have them!

At my house there is a glassed in area, not for cats, but it could serve as one and has in the past. Currently we block off the dog door so the puppy doesn't run out in the backyard unattended.

Underneath it is the carport... it's off from the kitchen, from it there's a door leading down to the backyard as well as a dog door leading to the backyard and a door on the other side leading to a sun deck facing the front yard that stretches half the length of the house.

Blacky likes sleeping in the chairs up there but since she's an indoor/outdoor cat it doesn't really matter, she enters the area through the dog door from outside, not from the kitchen. Often if I want to find her I just open the kitchen door and pick her up off a chair.

I just walked out and took a picture of it. Here's half of it, the other half of the area and the sun deck area aren't shown:

That second rug looks really stupid, I know... My aunt brought it over and we realised it wasn't big enough for out there but we haven't moved it yet. :p

#8 ·
I put on a screened in porch for my cats. I made the mistake of putting the cat door out to the porch in my bedroom. Now all i hear at night is click-click click-click! I put a cat tree and litter boxes out there. Its nice not to have litter box smells in my house. All my fosters learned to use the cat door. I was a bit concerned for my blind kitties. I shouldnt have been. All it took was gentlely pushing them thru it a couple times and they had it figured out. Ill have to take pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.