Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:
My Pookie-Bear has recently taken on the behavior of licking my comforter. He doesn't stay on one spot necessarily, but he'll sniff around before finding a spot he likes. He will continue to lick for about a minute, then go about doing what cats normally do. Occasionally I will tell him to stop and motion him away, but he'll come right back and start licking again.

Has anyone seen this before? Anyone know why he may be doing this? It seems to have started out of nowhere.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If he's got Siamese in him, a lot of them like to lick (or even eat) wool blankets. Maybe you spilt something on the comforter, like coffee? food? Could be any number of things.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My cat Bodhi does that with several blankets I use in the winter. It seems to have a calming effect on him. Sometimes he will stand there and kneed it to...purring really loud while he does it. He seems to do it more with blankets that have a texture similar to animal fur.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my cat will suck on my blankets like it was a nipple. she is full grown but i let her do it. she will hiss and scrach otherwise.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My Treize also licks his blankets. He does that from time to time and it lasts for 5 minutes. Usually he licks the blankets he uses the most (the ones with more fur on them).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts