Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last few days Lickorish has been having discharge from her right eye and was rubbing it with ther paw. Just got back from the vet, who diagnosed conjunctivitis. At least there were no scratches in her eye and other than being inflamed and a little red, everything looked normal. so now we've got to give her eye drops twice a day, which is going to be difficult as she hates to be held or picked up. Once I try to hold her or pick her up, she hides the rest of the day. She's going to hate me for the next week.:cry:

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Do you happen to watch My Cat From ****? This past weekend they had an episode where a woman had to give her cat eye drops, and Jackson Galaxy, the cat behaviorist, advised her to approach the kitty when she's drowsy or just waking up, announce your presence, and then slip in the eye drop. Catch 'em when they're sleepy, basically.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did see that episode...will try, but she's usually the one waking me up!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jackson Galaxy, the cat behaviorist, advised her to approach the kitty when she's drowsy or just waking up, announce your presence, and then slip in the eye drop. Catch 'em when they're sleepy, basically.
This is great advice for pretty much another unpleasant - nail clipping, panty patching, medication. Just swoop in and out before they get a chance to wake up.

I always imagine the cat later, saying to itself, "man, I had the craziest dream..."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts