Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For her first few months with us, Lickorish mostly hid in the closet. We thought she was such a quiet kitty. Now that she's comfortable here, boy is she demanding! She wakes me up for breakfast and afterwards demands to be petted, but I must follow her to where she wants to lie down to be petted. She leads me to where she wants to go and looks back over her shoulder to make sure I'm following!

I'm starting to work in the home office now and she's in the living room practically howling. If cats could bark, I'd swear she's barking orders at me. :lol: She's a black cat but seems to have the voice of a Siamese.

I have had a cat before - when I was in high school, that suddenly was very needy and clingy. Turned out he had a medical issue and was asking for help. Lickorish isn't acting quite the same, and she just had full blood and urine workup few weeks ago and she's in purrfect health, maybe slightly overweight.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
needy lickorish

that is so sweet actually! altho i'm sure at times it sort of tires you out. i hope you can continue to give her the attention she craves or starts to learn how to get more attention from the other kitties in the house, so you have a little more time to do the other things you have to during the day. (you do have other cats, right? i can't remember)

that's sort of what I'm hoping for Angel when we bring in another cat. I just feel so guilty when I can't pay attention to her, so maybe a buddy will help solve that problem and make her happy, too.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(you do have other cats, right? i can't remember
Yes, we have Squeek. Lickorish loves Squeek like she's a kitten and Squeek is her mom, but they are not mom and daughter nor are they littermates. Squeek mostly tolerates Lickorish, and they do play together (until Lickorish gets too rough and Squeek quits) and groom each other.

I think maybe Lickorish has been a little deprived of attention in the past and now she's making up for lost time!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yes, we have Squeek. Lickorish loves Squeek like she's a kitten and Squeek is her mom, but they are not mom and daughter nor are they littermates. Squeek mostly tolerates Lickorish, and they do play together (until Lickorish gets too rough and Squeek quits) and groom each other.

I think maybe Lickorish has been a little deprived of attention in the past and now she's making up for lost time!
oh yeah! i remember Squeek, too, now. i can't keep everyone straight unfortunately and didn't want to assume your avatar was current. sometimes i see old pics and they're not necessarily of the current kids living at home. :wink:

and i totally understand making up for lost time. i'm trying to do that with Angel myself. i spent 44 years without a kitty. i've got a lot of ground to cover! ha ha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts