Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The small cans of Merrick Cat food are a little bit bigger then everyone elses so the standard size snap on lid don't fit.
What do you do use foil?

·
Banned
154 Posts
I have one of these covers and it works for any size can ... 5.5 oz, 3 oz of different brands. I got mine years ago and have not been able to find them anywhere. Looks like I'll be online ordering more!

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have one of these covers and it works for any size can ... 5.5 oz, 3 oz of different brands. I got mine years ago and have not been able to find them anywhere. Looks like I'll be online ordering more!
Are you sure because the small Merrick cans are 1/16th of and inch larger then the other brands small cans.
2.598 versus 2.660.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just use a Tupperware bowl and lid and just scoop it into it.But I had to write the words "CAT FOOD" across it after my uncle accidentally ate some I'd put in the fridge.How he couldn't tell it was cat food I'll never know:lol:.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I just use a Tupperware bowl and lid and just scoop it into it.But I had to write the words "CAT FOOD" across it after my uncle accidentally ate some I'd put in the fridge.How he couldn't tell it was cat food I'll never know:lol:.
OMG how awful! What did your uncle do once he tasted it? I usually put the smaller cans in a tupperware container but I leave it in the can so it is obvious that it is cat food and no one accidentally eats it. :?

·
Registered
431 Posts
OMG how awful! What did your uncle do once he tasted it? I usually put the smaller cans in a tupperware container but I leave it in the can so it is obvious that it is cat food and no one accidentally eats it. :?
That just goes to show that our cat's food is just as good as ours. When I started adding Weruva into the mix of soft foods I feed my crew, I always wondered how it tasted (I will not be trying it) because of how good it looked! I swear, the Grandma's chicken Soup can looks JUST LIKE how my grandmother made hers lol.

We are always joking that our cats are eating more gourmet food than we are.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, Weruva is great looking food, so real just like what we would eat. I feed my kitties Weruva and Wellness. You can definitely tell that the Wellness food is cat food while some of the Weruva canned food especially the chichen flavors could pass for people food.

·
Registered
188 Posts
OMG how awful! What did your uncle do once he tasted it? I usually put the smaller cans in a tupperware container but I leave it in the can so it is obvious that it is cat food and no one accidentally eats it. :???:
He didn't believe either my Mom or me after my mom took it away.We had to open another can to show him it was cat food and even then he said it tasted good!His son my cousin also eats milk bone dog biscuits on a regular basis and I also know a girl who eats purina's Beggin' strips dog treats.

·
Registered
801 Posts
LOL, what did he THINK it was?? xD

Although.. my grandpa ate dog treats before because they were were flat and shaped like jerky strips and in a square container.. He said he wondered why they tasted funny... ROFL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts