Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day! It started out with a dead battery. In the pouring rain. Then I found out from the AAA guy that the place where I bought my last car battery installed a USED battery which wasn't even the right kind for my car. The guy said he's surprised it lasted two years. So I had to buy a new battery from AAA, not cheap, either. And I arrived at work more than an hour late for work.

Then I get home and no Charlee. Anywhere. She was pawing at me when I left for work, so I know she was at the front door when I shut it, sadly, in her cute little face. And there are no windows open. I looked in all the nook and crannies, and since there's only half a house to look in, it doesn't take long. Now I'm in tears, mostly out of frustration, because clearly she didn't get out, but I can't FIND her!!! Cleo's in a state because I'm upset, Cali's no help at all, but she's looking around with me, being all cute and stuff.

Then I hear a clunking sound and all three of us stop in our tracks and look at each other. And we all recognize that noise. We rush into the kitchen, I open up a cupboard door, and out slinks Charlee, looking like a prisoner who's been held captive for 45 days and acting as if the lights are too much for her, as if she barely has the strength to make it to her water dish.

Clearly, Cali pried the cupboard door open some time during the day and they were playing and she must have jumped on the outside of the door and slammed it shut.

Kids.

I should own stock in Bailey's.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Stock in Bailey's? Oh, yes..get lots. Or, take the easy way out and just buy stock in Pfizer- the makers of Xanax :).

Glad that all turned out ok.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
LOL! Sorry to laugh at your misery, but the image of Charlee stumbling out of the cupboard was priceless. Hopefully, she's learned her lesson. I'm glad to hear all turned out well in the end...and hopefully your battery troubles are over for a while.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I hope you don't mind that this stuff sounds funny to us. Easy for us to say, huh?

Do your cabinet doors have locks on them or something? I'm just trying to figure out why she couldn't have just pushed it open. Cheeky monkey!

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are child-proof magnets on them, but Cali can open them from the outside. Taped shut, they just take a little longer for my little cat-burglar. From inside, though, neither can push them open.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Oh wow! Well I'm glad that she was found. What a clever cat. Vinnie can open doors that were opened slightly and he always wante to go outside.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Now I'm in tears, mostly out of frustration, because clearly she didn't get out, but I can't FIND her!!!
I should own stock in Bailey's.
Ugh! I *so* hear ya.
ps ... I just bought a new bottle of Bailey's on Monday. The big one. I'll share with ya!

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They were already attached to the cupboards, but they're pretty useless.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I assume you told us so we could both laugh and feel your pain. Well, I did! I also had three reactions. First, it would have been nice for Cali to let you know that Charlee was in there, but they don't seem to have a conscience about these oops moments. Second, how about Charlee's meowing a little, to tell you she was trapped? And third, related to that, maybe she didn't cry and looked like a prisoner because, like many cats, she made the best of it and just went to sleep, undisturbed! When you came home and were making all that "commotion", she figured it was time to make noise and come out--so what's the fuss, she probably was thinking, so long as she didn't miss a meal!

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Charlee doesn't meow, she only trills (a happy sound), so she couldn't really let me know she was there.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Muffs rarely meows or trills. I call her Muffs the Silent. I recall once I left my bedroom, not realizing she was in there, and closed the door behind me. I then called for Muffs, but she was nowhere to be found. I looked high and low, to no avail. It then dawned on me that she might have been in the bedroom when I had closed the door. I opened the bedroom door and she was right there, looking up at me. Yet she never once made a sound. I suspect I could have searched, calling her name for hours on end and she never would have uttered a sound. In contrast, I always know where Abby is...yap, yap, yap!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts