Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm leaving for work and since for a couple days I'm the only one home, I turn everything off including the lights. He was playing with his ball when I did so... and I feel a little bad! :oops:

So can he see just as well in the dark? Does he really mind?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Of course he can see in the dark! :lol: Cats are night animals! Mine are most lively at night when it's dark, they keep running around the appartment and chasing each other! :roll: They can feel their way around with their whiskers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Whenever Jet's in a dark room, he always pounces out at me. It's scary, because he can see me but I can't see him! Apart from when I can see his eyes reflecting the light, which is also scary because all I can see is a pair of glowing eyes.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
If there was ever a complete lack of light, they couldn't see, but that just doesn't occur. There's always a bit of light from a star or something, and their ability to see with a tiny bit of light is amazing.

My husband and daughter both leave the porch light on at night if the dog's on the porch and doesn't want to come in. And here I am wondering why the electric bill is high! :)

·
Banned
410 Posts
I always leave the basement light on at night for my kitties (their litterboxes are down there). I have always thought that Kitty was afraid to go down there when it's dark, but that's probably because the girls attack him, too. I sometimes leave the TV on to keep them company.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you think he sees BETTER in the dark? Maybe that would explain why sometimes when he's being silly he bumps into the walls! :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
or he's just stupid...just kidding :wink: :lol:
No really they said it on national geographic, a cats sight is very good at night!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Audrey said:
Ok, I'm only agreeing with you because I know he can't read! He does surf the internet on occasion as you can see in my avatar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Louse76 said:
Audrey said:
Ok, I'm only agreeing with you because I know he can't read! He does surf the internet on occasion as you can see in my avatar.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Its amazing I used to think cats cant really see at night or in the dark but I was told they may even see better! Even when I turn off all the lights in my apt, there's still light like from the microwave or the computer screensaver so there's still some form light. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and turn on the light and my cats are staring at something, I dont know what, but its kind of scary sometimes, they start yelping at something on the wall and I dont see a thing! Maybe its the ghost theory that cats can see ghosts, I dont know! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It really spooks you, doesn't it? :) I used to live in a house that had some unaccountable events and sounds. My cat turned his head toward the sounds immediately, so I knew it wasn't my imagination. He didn't like to go in the "cold" room, either. Those were interesting years!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Its really spooky when the cats yelp and meow at the furnace area! Sometimes when Sugar is in her donut bed she will stare really hard at the front door when I leave the bedroom door open before I go to bed. Even if I try to block her she will move her head and stare and meow... Thats when I try to distract her with the laser light hehe :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sometimes I think cats have a sixth sense, or at least they can pick up minute details that us humans can't. My cat will wake up from the deepest sleep and bound to the window when there's nothing outside... then, a few minutes later, someone rings the doorbell! How does he know? :shock:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha, last night Zero got in the window and was staring out, and my girlfriend came up to the window to scare me a minute later... but I think she got his attention on purpose... :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts