Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Thanks again for the warm welcome! I would like to introduce my two hairy babies Lily (the queen) and Nemo (the joker).

Lily is believed to be a Maine Coon/ Norwegian forest cat but we cant know for sure since we rescued her as a kitten. She acts like a dog, is vocal and responds when we talk to her. She even comes to bed when called (when she wants to) :wink: We have had her for almost 2 years now, she is about 2 1/2 and we rescued her when she was 6 months.

Nemo is our newest cat named so because he loves water and tries to hop in the shower with us (its only cute the first time). We believe him to be mostly Turkish Van but again we cant be sure since hes also a rescue. Sure looks like one though! He loves to cuddle on our laps and run around like the house like a crazy. Hes about a year an a half and we rescued him 3 months ago.

(hes not usually allowed on the table but he was helping)

And finally here is a rare moment, cohabitation :mrgreen:

PS: I hope these are all sized properly!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
RosieR.
Gorgeous cats! Lily is soooo Fluffy!:D
Nemo is Adorable "helping" you!:p
Sharon

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Your cats are gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
From the shot of Lily on her back, it looks like you do an excellent job keeping that long fur tidy. Any tips you'd like to pass along?
They're both beautiful cats.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
OMG - they are both so incredibly gorgeous! I absolutely see some similarities of Maine Coon in Lily and Turkish Van in Nemo! Whether they're actually the breed or not, they definitely have the looks of them. What beauties! :D

Also, is that a Pillow Pet that Nemo is draped on in the one photo? I love it! My cats love my panda Pillow Pet! haha

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Just stopped off in your intro. so had to take a peak at the furry ones.

They are gorgeous and seem like happy kitties! I love the look on his face as he "helps". Congrats on the lovely furbabies.

I love cats sleeping on their backs. I just wanna floof all the fur on their bellies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the shot of Lily on her back, it looks like you do an excellent job keeping that long fur tidy. Any tips you'd like to pass along?
They're both beautiful cats.
Lily is very good at cleaning herself and really doesn't like to be brushed so we try to brush her then reward her with wet food or brush and pet her at the same time. Fortunately she loves belly rubs so the tummy is eaay enough to get. Her tail is the only issue. It gets knots in it and some times she gets Klingons! If it looks like we can't brush it out with out her getting super annoyed then we cut them out. She got a bad one a few weeks ago so we cut the hair under her tail shorter so it donsnt happen again. She acts so happy when we are done and doesn't mind letting us snip them out. I think we got pretty lucky with her!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, is that a Pillow Pet that Nemo is draped on in the one photo? I love it! My cats love my panda Pillow Pet! haha
Yepps! That's my unicorn pillow pet that's now covered in white cat hair. Nemo has claimed it as his own even though he doesn't quite fit on it anymore. :mrgreen:

Thank you all for your kind words!!! I'm partial to long haired cats, I think they are so pretty and soft. Even though I need to carry a lint roller everywhere I go!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Wow, they're gorgeous! Lily looks every bit the queen in that first pic. :) I love Nemo's markings, and I love the ear tufts on both!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts