Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel was outside all night last night. She never goes outside for longer than 15 minutes, but last night I was tired and she wouldn't come inside so I just left her out there. Anyway, this morning I noticed that she wouldn't put her front, right paw down on the ground, I figured it was just a prissy thing she was doing and she didn't want her paw touching anything. I've watched her more and more today and she's limping a little bit, but not every time she walks. Should I be worried? Should I call the vet or wait it out and she if she gets better? Also, she's been sleeping almost all day, if she's not sleeping, she's usually laying down. Which is odd for her, because she's usually running around the house like a crazy cat. The only reason I've her walk to today is the few times I've come home she'd follow me around the house a little bit, but then she'd always go back and lay down. Anyway, I just wanted to know if I should be worried or not.
Thanks,
Melissa & Angel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmm... You should call the vet for an appointment. Recently (and this probably isn't the deal with your cat) our dog came home limping and apparently she tore her ACL. Your cat might have an issue with her claw or something like that..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Sometimes an injury can cause the onset of a fever. Take her temperature. It sounds like she may have one due to the lethargy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a thermometer to take her temperature, and the Vet clinic is closed, so would could I do in the mean time? I could call the vet tomorrow, but I don't want Angel to get worse...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Could be lots of things but a bite wound is likely; she needs to go to the vet immediately to prevent an infection from getting out of hand.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate everyone's help. I decided to not take Angel to the Vet and wait to see if she got better. I havn't seen her limping and her paw doesn't seem to be bothering her anymore. Maybe she just had a thorn in it or something. I'll keep watching it though and make sure it doesn't get worse.
Thanks again!
Melissa & Angel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts