Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I apologize for my lack of vocabulary when it comes to cats... my description will therefore likely be hard to understand.
I haven't been able to get a real picture of what I'm referring to but I will attach one nonetheless.

One of my kittens (about 4 3/4 months) every once and awhile shows these lines that start at the top of his jaw, I suppose on the bottom of his jaw at times, which stretch down the front of his neck towards his chest.

They seem to be regularly spaced..

Again, sorry.. I know it's not much of a description but I was hoping the real cat people out there would know what I'm referring to.

Is this normal? Is it anything to be worried about?
Is it a sign of a skinny cat or just normal occurrence?

This kitten did have worms when he came into the humane society...

Thanks!

bp

You can sort of see some of the lines in this picture, near the bottom on the right and center.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm not sure why.. it's yahoo, does that make a difference?

I'll just try and give the link.

I thought my description would be pretty bad. I'll try some more.. I should have been more specific. These "lines" aren't colouration, they are indentations in the fur of the nech, almost like grooves.

Actually that's a lot better description, they are little grooves of skin that go inwards, in lines.

Here's the link:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mtstalder20/detail?.dir=/Kittens&.dnm=P1010065.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
that is weird...never seen anything like it before. perhaps kitty has a skin deformity or some scars? stretch marks maybe? as long as it doesn't cause discomfort, i wouldn't worry about it too much. couldn't hurt to have a vet look at it though.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I've never heard of anything like that but have you taken it to the vet so they can check the skin out? May be a good idea, my cats had ringworm before but I'm sure yours isn't ringworm, maybe that is just the way your kitty's skin is. Let us know if you take it to the vet, I what to know what they say! :lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
weird lines

The only thing I'm seeing in the photo is a natural separation of fur. Regular brushing/combing should help even that out. It's the natural oils in the texture of the fur that makes it separate. Hope I'm seeing what you're meaning! :)

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts