Cat Forum banner

Lion Cut

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Gabreilla Moushigo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
PS

PS I was house hunting a little while ago and I met a realtor at a home that was still occupied but the owners were not there when I looked at it. They had a cat with a lion cut (the first I had ever heard of it).

I would never do this to my cat but I have to admit it is quite a sight!

#6 ·
I saw a longhaired cat who was growing out a lion cut at the place where I volunteer. He looked very nice! He had to be shaved because he came in as a stray with fur so matted that it was painful, poor thing.

#7 ·
I love how it looks on most cats.
I however prefer what is called the "boot cut" it's basically the same thing as the lion cut, only they don't trim off all the fur from the tail, they just trim it a little near the rear to help with matting.

I do that for isha because she has such a BEAUTIFUL poofy tail, it'd be a shame to get rid of it :)

#8 ·
We took in a stray cat when I lived at home, named Scruffy because of all her matted fur. She got the lion cut very frequently. The last time she got it though, she had a bad reaction to the medicine they used to put her to sleep with and she ended up having to be put to sleep. My poor scruffy baby :(

#9 ·
I am wanting to get Twinkie a lion cut this summer b/c he is acting hot and he has several mats under his arms etc. I think it would be cute if they didn't cut the shaved part all the way down to the skin but just left a bit more. I'm sure to post pics if I get it done, got to scrap up some $ first. :lol:

#10 ·
I'm not sure if I could look at a Persian cat with a lion cut... scarey. I think the only reason I would get something like that done would be if my cat was very... very hot... and the air conditioner was busted for a while... or if he was just naturally hot over the summer... poor boy. They look so weird though!

I like the grown out look on the medium length fur cats - very pretty... but Persians... I don't think I could still look at them. =P If he ever gets a mat - I'll probably just cut it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.