Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've probably all heard of this, but this was amazing! In Kenya, last year or the year before I really can't remember :(

There was a lioness which took in an oryx calf [Lions eat oryx's] as her young. While she ate meat, the oryx ate his own meal of vegetation. The lioness also warded off predators that were trying to attack the calf. One day however when her back was turned a lion attacked the oryx and ate him, she didn't see him watching the oryx. What a sad ending but what an amazing story.

Another...on the National Geographic, a leopard almost took in a lion cub, but like all smart felines, realised he would grow to kill her children. Very sad, I think I may have cried when the hyenas killed the lion cub. You should have seen the leopard...she was really looking, undecided! For a while. And another lion cub was seperated from his pride, alone for 3 days and found the same pride again, survived hyenas and bad weather.

Just thought you'd all like to hear what smart creatures cats are ^.^ Well you already know that or you wouldn't be here would you? =^-^=

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
=^.^=

A cat looking after a rabbit? That is so sweet! It is a very powerful maternal instinct.

I know another tale. It's of coyotes but just as facinating. There was a young coyote the zoologists watched, they named him Kane. They were making a documentry of his pack...That is what the show was/

Kane was booted from the pack for trying to mate with the alpha female. The alpha male chased him out. Kane left, and teamed, yes teamed up with a badger. Both hunted together, and one night, Kane got the kill, the next, the badger. So they shared like that. I think they departed later and Kane found a mate. The zoologists followed him and his mate to a pack...Kane and her defeated the alpha pair and became the new alpha male and female...

And woe behold it was his old pack. They defeated the very alpha pair that booted him.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
That's amazing to me. It's almost as if some animals have no "prejudice" against their natural enemies. It's as if they were more kind hearted. Yet, we are told that animals don't have the kind of emotions people have. If you haven't read the story about my Pixie in Cat Tails, you would enjoy her story, I know. It isn't as amazing, but it touched my heart, and I was there to watch. It's called " Pixie's Rescue--Who is My Mother?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts