Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
That was great! Dazed and Confused!

Now everyone except Joseph needs an intervention.

Reno 911!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Years ago (like 20) there was an ancient Tiger with CRF at the Topeka KS zoo. I was there watching him one day when almost no one was at the zoo. I was talking to him (of course) and he was 'talking' to me and rubbing up against the bars of his cage. He must have been a bottle baby.

Every time I tried to walk away he followed me as far as he could then stood there calling at me not to leave (he was alone because he was old and sick and there were no other animals nearby him). Of course I caved. I swear I stood there for 45 minutes talking to this tiger. Finally his keeper showed up and while she was there after we talked for a few minutes I made my getaway (relatively) guilt-free.

I love Tigers. That big wide nose just gets to me.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
GeorgesMom, what a special memory! Thank you for sharing that.

The big cats just amaze me. It is always such a surprise how many of their expressions and movements are just like our little ones.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I love Joseph's expression. He is too manly for that catnip stuff.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joseph's the King of the Jungle...He expects to be served, of course!

I love black panthers! (leopards) My brother used to tell us children about the days when he was called the Black Panther, because of his agility in the jungle. He could climb a tree in seconds!

The fact that he was also Tarzan in some stories didn't even faze us!

He also said he met his wife when her conestoga wagon horses went out of control, and he rode along side and leaped onto the lead horse and stopped them. I still believe that one! :wink: We idolized him, obviously. :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I remember seeing a program about cheetah cubs. They were being stroked by the presenter and they were purring :D

Sounded like a jackhammer :p

·
Registered
731 Posts
Im sure they're exactly as cool as cats, the only issue is if a cat gets too excited for just a second while playing you say: "Ouch, naughty girl", but in the same situation with one of them you dont ever say anything again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts