Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting the flab sucked out from under my arms, you know where my tricepts are suppose to be. i want to be able to wear tank-tops this summer and not worry about the flab. i been working out at the gym and dieting for like 8 1/2 years, and there's no improvement. i'm 22, but i don't know what to do.

opinions please!!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I think you should discuss it with your family doctor and the plastic surgeon extensively. Any medical prodecure has the possiblity of complications. I understand how you feel. If you decide on the surgery, mad sure your plastic surgeon is a cetified member of the association. Any doctor-regardless of qualifications-could call himself a plastic surgeon, and make a terrible mess of your arms. Be careful! Know his or her qualifications and experience.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I personally don't understand why people obsess over that stuff.

I don't mean to come off rude or anything... But if you are doing this at 22 (which is a very young age) what will you do in another 10 years? Please don't turn into one of those self-obsessive people who needs some "uplifting" surgury every couple years!

Also - liposuction doesn't always work the way you want it too. You can never tell until it's done, and it can offen turn out lumpy.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I agree with Jeanie, Kristy. Make sure you get all the information, possible side effects, risks and complications before you decide for sure to have surgery. Do you know anyone who has had this procedure? It would be good to talk to them to get an idea what you are in for. Just remember there is no such think as risk-free surgery.
I firmly believe people have the right to do what they choice with their own bodies, just make sure you get the facts!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Yup, its very important you pick a good doctor and someone reputable too. Alot of doctors like to take out more than necessary and to keep it up after you get the surgery, you have to take it upon yourself to exercise and maintain the look. It doesn't always stay nice. I have a friend obsessed with surgery and although liposuction is one thing she hasn't (and shouldn't) do, I hear it can be dangerous. Be careful and Good Luck! :wink:

p.s.-let us know if you decide to get it!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do have ocd. i was told that last month by my psychiatrist. i want my boob bigger too. i would have Dr. McLendon do it. he's the bbest in Georgia.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Kristy, if you have ocd, you might never be satisfied, and become a plastic surgery junkie. You know that better than I do, however. Please discuss this with your counselor before you do anything. There is help for ocd, I understand. I do hope science can help you.

Can you substitute shelter cats for perfect arms? Don't go too far with that, either. Just kidding, of course. OCD is not a pleasant illness to have. God bless.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm slightly OCD, and my mother is big time. My recommendation would be to NOT give in. It can turn into a really bad problem, and can be really hard to break.

On another note, medication can make a world of difference. I'm taking some (for that and depression) and it has helped a lot.

I just think it's a sin for someone to think that badly of theirself, especially when they don't need it at all. I know I'm not the best self esteem role model, but you shouldn't have to go under the knife to be happy. Cause if you have to, you probably never will.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
It's hard enough for any average person without ocd to not want multiple surgeries. It does get addictive b/c people always want to look better. To tell you the truth I would love to get surgery too but don't have money right now....... and I really want to get lasik eye surgery soon, my vision is so horrible right now! :p

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
omg, i had lasik done oct. 2002. it was awsome. i couldn't even see the big E before. the doctor said he could make me 20/30 or 20/40, but he made me 20/25. i was like, whoa, but for reason my eyes burn a lot now, i need drops more, and my vision's slowly getting worse. he said he could do a tune up, but there's that money problem. i just got through paying for the original surgery. it is cheaper than lipo though, but still...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know...it always comes back. You should get into the habit of exercising. That flab will be gone in no time! Better get into the habit of execising while you're young. It really improves your life in so many ways.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just thought I'd mention - since getting my exercise bike it has helped a lot.

I'm too self conscious to go to the gym, and now I can work out in the comfort of my own home. And I have a lot more energy now, and feel a lot better knowing that I'm ACTUALLY doing something good for my body. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Listen to people who are close to you. They are the people who will tell you the truth. I used to be really unconfident about my looks. I didn't care how I looked as long as I thought I was invisible. It lasted a couple of years. I've learned it was all in my head and people will except me as I am. Think it over with your family and friends, if you still believe you need it then get it. If you think it will make you more confident then it is ok (in my opinion).

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Try exercise! anything is better than going into surgery!
Have you been warned of the fatility rates of people going under surgery?
annnd why i boob job? :( May i ask what size you are now? Im a D cup in british sizes and i tell you now they are a pain in the a$$! Obviously i dont know about yourself but im a very sporty person, i play squash, cricket and netball. All involves running, and i tell you its a pain in the bum feeling them bounce (excuse me everyone LOL) and being watched ARRRGHHH! you would not believe it, ive even been told by a bloke once when i played cricket about how my boobs "bounced" as i ran. Its very embarassing. We were made as we are, and to be honest id love smaller boobs, but i wouldnt do surgery for it, hopefully when i loose weight they will too! I know everyone wants to look "perfect" and with todays world everyone is so looked down upon for being over wieght. Do you have another half? sometimes just the compliments from them makes you feel on top of the world. My bf is happy with the way i am, he hasnt suggested me loosing weight ever, i have and he needs to because he is diabetic. Please reconsider surgery! I know its so difficult.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey, Zalensia- Let me just say- I know how you feel. It bites severely. Especially if you like playing sports. My bf likes me as I am though. But, I stick to what I said earlier about lipo- even thought what Zalensia says is very true also.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i've been working out at the gym and at home 3-4 days a week for 8 1/2 years, and dieting. my flab under my arms won't go away. i want my boobs to be like a C, they're a B now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Regarding the Lasik eye surgery.

Do you stare at a computer a lot?

By staring at the computer a lot it will make your eyes worse. I went from a -3 to a -6 in 2 years from that.

My eye doctor is great, he said thats theres a reversal process for your eyes if they start getting worse. You should go see your eye doctor, there is eye excersizes with glasses and such that can put you back to 20/20.

If your eyes get really sensitive in sunlight, invest in a REALLY good pair of sunglasses. My husband says they are a life saver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts