Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using ExquisiCat Natural Pine Scent Liter from Petsmart and it works like a dream for me. I'm pretty sure it's 100% pine. I currently have an enclosed box. When Cali urinates in the box I never even notice the odor in my bedroom. Poops however are immediately nasty but Cali is meticulous about burying them well and the odor is dramatically reduced in a fairly short period of time. I scoop daily anyhow, as microorganisms are not my friends! :) BTW, I have absolutely no dust, no liter tracks and I have never had a problem flushing scoops down with my high efficiency toilet. All that I do is make sure I minimize solid pellets from the scoop before I flush the scoop contents.

My local Petsmart doesn't carry sifters for these pellets. I would like to get an enclosed liter box that can sift the entire box at once. I assume I would have pellets and poop on top and sawdust on the bottom. So I still manually remove the poop, toss out the sawdust then add pellets to the proper level and I would reduce my pellet usage and be able to keep the liter box fresher for a longer period of time.

Am I on the right track? Any suggestions for sifters that would work well with the pellets I use?

Thanks!
Randy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.