Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get my cat to use his litter box consistantly anymore. The past month has been really hard on him. His urinary tract was blocked twice and he had to have surgery to correct the situtation. During his recovery period we had to keep him in the basement, that way he would be away from the dog in his delicate condition. He peed everywhere in the basement, but he never actually peed on floor, always on other things, in a box, blankets we laid down there for him, on a fold out chair, even on a plastic bag. When I took him back to the vet to get his stitches out the vet said he had probably developed litter box avoidance and for a couple of days we should keep in a small bathroom or a large cage that way he would be forced to use his littler box. So we tried this and kept my poor cat in a very large cage for 4 days and he didn't have any accidents. Well two days ago I let him out of the cage and everythign was fine untill this afternoon when he peed on a very expensive chair. It's one of his favorite places to sit. So now he's back in the cage becasue I don't knwo what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.