Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, and hopefully I can get some help. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Fairly large for a 1 bedroom. Almost 1000 sq/f. The only problem I have is I need to find a good place for my litter box for my new cat. I have a small laundry room, but the litter box would be right up against the washer and dryer. My kitchen is wide open, and not enough room for a litter box. The rest of my apartment is carpeted. Would it be a problem if I put the litter box in the small laundry room? And has anyone have experiance with those litter box furnitures? They look like cabinets where you can put a litter box in. They look kind of neat, but I just wonder how a cat would respond to it.

Any help would be great.

Alvin

·
Registered
45 Posts
My litterbox is in the laundry room. But if it's right up against the dryer, it might scare the cat and maybe they won't go in the box. Do you have a closet that is big enough? Or maybe a discreet corner of your bedroom?

If you can get a covered one, it should be fine on carpet. Especially if you get a handheld vac to sweep up any little bits of stray litter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm worried it will scare them too. But since I only do my laundry once a week, I figured they would be ok. I do have a very large closet for storage, but I was worried because it is carpeted inside. I will look into getting one with a cover. I might even get one of those Litter Box Furnitures. They're a little pricey, but I think it makes for nice decor and hides the litter box well.

Thanks again for the advice,
Alvin

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Alvin and welcome to Cat Forum!

You might look into a small throw rug or a piece of plastic to put under the litter box. Angel's box is in a quiet corner of my bedroom and she will kick the odd bit of lttter out of the box on occasion. But since she is a Persian, I am vacuuming the carpet all the time, anyway... :lol:

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. I'll have to try that. I actually am looking at a litter box that is covered and so forth. It's pretty interesting, and not that expensive.

http://www.house4cats.com/

If anyone else has some pointers, they are definitely welcomed. :)

Alvin

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I highly doubt you will have any problems by putting it by the washer dryer. Mine is in my bathroom near the washer/dryer and my cats are fine. As long as your not doing laundry all the time, your cat will get used to it if the dryer is on. Good luck :!:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts