Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately Magnum has been very 'greedy' when it comes to the litterboxes. He won't let any of the other cats use any of them and if they do he gets stroppy and kicks all of the litter and whatever mess they have made out if the boxes. We have 5 litter boxes and have tried putting them in different places but nothing works.

EDIT:
I just caught him doing it - he chases the other cats away and hisses and growls. When they try to go to another box he follows and now scully has diarrhea - yuk (yes its on the floor!)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Are your boxes all in the same place? They should be separated, in different rooms, where he can't "ambush them all at the same time. The others will learn that where he is, avoid, and go elsewhere. Right now, elsewhere is likely to be the carpet or bed or sofa, so some box rearranging is a high priority!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are spread out and we have tried moving them. There is one in the computer room, 1 in the living room, 1 in the bathroom and 2 in the cat's room. Rather than actually guard the boxes he seems to follow the other cats to the boxes... their only hope is sycronised pooping to outsmart him :roll:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I know the issue isn't funny but when I read "synchornized pooping" I laughed out loud. The office mate asked me what was so funny. =o)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - the cats didn't go for the idea of synchornised pooping (they are just not that intelligent) so I decided to lock Mags in the bathroom lastnight :oops: for the sake of getting some peace, some sleep and making sure my other kitties don't hurt themselves holding it - or by Magnum attacking them. I hated locking him in there - but I turned on the fan and left him a separate bowl of water & food (which he didn't touch).

They all seem a little calmer this morning and the others managed to use the litter box - but I don't want to have to lock him up every night! Plus I have a nice slice across my foot this morning from forgetting he was in there and opening the door without thinking he was probably going to fly out of the room as soon as I opened the door. Back claw straight through skin - I give up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts