Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this is tuff. My husband is at his last straw and going to flip. We took in a cat from the vet's office that was brought to them as stray. She seems very sweet etc. I know she's not ill as they ran blood work, dewormed, gave shots, and spayed her while there. She is HEALTHY. But here's the thing, she doesn't regularly use the litter box. I thought this was an insinctive behavior? She apparently grew up in a parking lot. And I never had this issue with my other cats but I don't think she's ever had a littler box. She's about 7 months old, so how do you litter tain a cat like that? I've trained three week old kitens, but that was just puting them in the box after feed time(bottle fed) and they'd go and they never had an issue. So how do you train an older cat? She goes just about anywhere. In the shower, and no I do not bleach as I've heard that can cause this, on my rugs, on the TILE, anywhere she is and needs to go, she just squats, then she tries to burry with thin air lol. My husband is getting so MAD. What can I do?
Let's see if I can post some pics...

Hope that worked or I'll try something different;)

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
She looks adorable. Did the vet office say they had any trouble similar to the one you're experiencing with her?

You could try putting her in a small room and only let her out with the family when she can be supervised. I'd recommend an easily cleanable bathroom.
Place to sleep.
Food.
Water.
Potty box.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I'll have to crate her. The confinement idea is great but I think if I put her in the bathroom, she'll still pee in the shower lol. But confinement in a cage wouldn't be so bad, I just do not want to have to hear the crying, I don't think she'll be happy there. We'l see, thanks for the reply;).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts