Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just got 2 kittens this past sunday and so far they are great. I ordered online the omega paw self cleaning litter box (regular size)( the one that you roll and the clumps seperate into a drawer that you pull out)

I dont know if this one box is gonna eb big enough for the two kittens. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which is a good box to get for these two kittens.

Right now i have the box near the living room but i am going to place it in the bathroom so space is kind of an issue and i would prefer the enclosed ones to keep odor and litter in.

thanks for all your help guys.

G

·
0 Posts
I have one of the Omega Paw boxes that you ordered. I honestly wasn't very impressed with it. My cats have a tendency to dig to the very bottom to pee and the clumps always stuck to the bottom. I usually wound up having to scoop it by hand anyway.

I still use it, but I took out the grate and the drawer and use it like a normal covered box.

For my other boxes, I got rubbermaid containers that are deep enough to keep them from kicking the litter all over the place. It's much cheaper than actually buying a litter box.

Good luck with your new kitties.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think that the regular size is big enough for two kittens.
cause i know like half of the inside is taken by the slots and the drawer.

G

·
0 Posts
It will probably work for a little while, but you should definitely get another litter box or two. A good rule of thumb to follow is one per cat and a spare.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would say the regular Omega Paw is small for two kitties, but if you are going to clean it several times a day, it might work. I have three cats and I used to have the large Omega Paw Litterbox for a while. I needed to clean it several times a day, but it worked fine.

:!: A little advice: if you don't want the litter to get stuck to the bottom of the box, just spray a little of PAM cooking spray before filling the litterbox up with litter.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
In case there are people interested in the self cleaning Littermaid, I priced them at $179 and found a special on ebay for 69.97 approximately, and ordered it a few days ago. I think this special appears periodically. I have used the Littermaid for about four years. That's not a bad record, but it's done for, finally. The regular size is fine for two kittens, but as they grow up, they definitely need the mega size, which I just bought. Since I've been feeding more canned food, the clumps are huge! There is a hefty shipping and handling cost, but it's still a huge savings.

·
Registered
209 Posts
murried2 said:
A good rule of thumb to follow is one per cat and a spare.
I have four cats...are you saying I need 5 litter boxes!?! We have 2 big ones right now and were give a LitterMaid that may or may not work. We haven't tried it out yet. It seems the sensors may be messed up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I use the regular size Omega Paw litter box. I know what youre talking about with the clumps sticking to the bottom but i've found the perfect solution to that. Use Pam cooking spray on the bottom and on the grate. I've yet to have a clump I couldn't tap the top of the box to get off. I would reccamend getting the large version of the box though. My cats aren't picky at all about litter boxes but I think they would be more comfortable with the larger size. I've been using the box about a month and I honestly can say I won't even consider using any other type of litter box, it's fantastic!

·
Registered
134 Posts
omega paws self cleaning

i see that pam is a solution for clumps sticking to the bottom but what about litter sticking to the sides if my cat decides the box is too small and pees along the side. I havent bought one yet just researching first.
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts