Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since he had a urinary blockage, my cat Ace has issues using the litter box. Lately, he's been defecating as well as urinating outside of the box. :(

We use the clay clumping litter (Tidy Cat for multiple cats), which I know isn't the greatest for them. They used to like it, but I think they did some kind of formula change because the texture seems different. Ever since then, Ace rarely uses the box. I've never seen Bogey go outside the box, but it's hard to tell which cat is the culprit when you find a puddle or pile.

I've tried other "natural" litters, but here's the problem: Bogey EATS them (he doesn't eat the clay litter). We've tried the ones made of corn or wheat, and he eats them (usually he urinates on them first, and THEN eats them).

Does someone have a recommendation for a litter that might entice the cats to use the litterboxes (we have three boxes and two cats) that doesn't break the bank? I've thought about trying Cat Attract but no stores around here carry it... so I'd have to order it. Does anyone know what it's made of? Just wondering if Bogey will decide it's a meal (particularly since he's going on a diet).

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Dr Elsey's make a Cat Attract additive...it's an herbal mixture that you can add to what ever litter you choose. Or...why not try a different brand of clay litter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts