Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I'm going to try the precious cat cat litter, from what I've read it sounds like it doesn't track as badly as some others, is this correct? And that it does a good job on smell and that the unscented is truly unscented. I read a recommendation on here about a good litter mat, but I can't find the thread now. Does anyone have a specific brand they recommend to catch litter off their paws? I think I read it was available at pet Co but I could be wrong. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Melgrj7, I think any rug will catch most of it, as long as they step on it first! I personally use a small area carpet rug since I vacuum the rest of the house, too. Sometimes I find small granules from quite a distance away from their litter box area, so be prepared to vacuum/sweep that area often to prevent too much tracking. One of my kitties insists on getting out the area without the mat! Like litter, everyone will have their preferences--aesthetics, your floor type, convenience to clean, etc.

A friend of mine swears by the Clevercat litter box, but it's probably not recommended for senior cats or cats with arthritis. I personally don't want to clean the extra surface area (grooved top) of the box every week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts