Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the clumping litter and no matter how many times I scoop or change the box, I get major litter box stink issues. yuck!!! I even got a covered box to see if it would calm the stench somewhat but has nothing. I have tried many different brands as well and still the same story. I have also tried non clumping, corn and the news paper type but did not like any of them. I'd love for everyone to help me out:) I would like to know what your favorite litteris and why?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They get Nutrience dry kibble and natures variety canned. I feed them canned in the morning then leave the dry for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We use Tidy Cats Breathe Easy formula, and it works well for us, but you might want to be sure that it isn't a food or digestive problem. There is also the possibility of urinary tract issues. Often, litterbox stinkage is the first sign.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Is it stench immediately after the cat has used the box? If yes...then it's likely a food or medical issue. If it still stinks a few hours later and you keep up with daily scooping, then it's your litter. Try Everclean...I just scoop and add more when needed. Rarely ever swap out the whole box. The stuff does an amazing job imo. I use the unscented extra strength formula.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are some of the cat foods out there that don't cause stinky poos? Also has anyone tried the crystal like kitty litter?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Someone told me that if you sprinkle some baking soda on top of the litter, that will help control the smell. Maybe you can give it a try?

·
Registered
121 Posts
If its a poop smell then it's most likely the diet. I would switch to a grain free kibble and wet food and see if that helps. I know everyone here will advocate for an all wet or raw diet, but not everyone can afford the $ or time so the grain free dry is the next best.
I am on a tight budget(can't do all wet) with toddlers and no organ source (prevents me from doing raw) so I feed a grain free dry and canned. I cannot smell her poops unless I am sitting right next to the box while she's going, or I scoop.
Pine pellets has great odor control (waaaay better than newspaper) and a 30lbs bag for me lasts around 2mths for 1 cat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.