Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Litter Tray Pet Doors exist? Or has anyone tried to install one on a litter tray?

My cat kicks litter all over the place. I've gotten one of those covered litter trays, but he still kicks it out the opening. I put a mat in front to try and catch some but it doesn't help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
scrop said:
Do Litter Tray Pet Doors exist? Or has anyone tried to install one on a litter tray?

My cat kicks litter all over the place. I've gotten one of those covered litter trays, but he still kicks it out the opening. I put a mat in front to try and catch some but it doesn't help.
I still have a bit of a problem with that as well. I bought a very large "bunker" style catbox and Max still manages to kick litter out the opening. I have it tucked into a corner so the wall is right there. I leave just enough room for his majesty to get in. I still have to sweep it every few days. I also have to maintain at least 7" of clean litter in there of they scratch the sides of the box........arghhhhh for what seems like hours!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think that a cat would like having a cat door on their enclosed litter box. It would trap nasty odors inside the box. It would also have to be a huge litter box to accomodate a flap.

- koneko

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got my cat a enclosed litter box with a flap. It really keeps the litter in. It took Marbles awhile to get used to the flap. So I taped it up for awhile (coz he was afraid to go in). After a few demos, showing him that he had to push the flap open to get in, he got the hang of it.

As for the odors..most of these litter boxes have filtered tops, where carbon filters can be inserted. No smells! I think these litterboxes with covers and flaps are great. I don't have to sweep several times a day like I used to. A great buy if anyones thinking of getting one for their kitty. :D

There's this really cool litterbox, that I wish I could get for my cat. But its soo expensive. Check it out.

http://www.litterfree.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts