Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
poo outside box

Some cats prefer to pee in one box and poo in another. You might try a second box, and also different types and depths of litter in each box (some cats are uncomfortable squatting if they sink too much in the sand, especially if they are declawed or overweight). Since she has a preference for the floor, you might want to try a box with no litter at all. It's probably a matter of finding out what her preference is. For other options see our articles in the free library at http://www.littlebigcat.com/?action=library.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
pee on duvet

A good rule in peeing problems is "protect your stuff." A simple solution, though not very decorative, is to throw a tarp on the bed to protect it. This would probably work very well for you, since he only does this under limited conditions (you packing). He gets the satisfaction, and you get an easy clean-up!

I try not to ascribe motivations such as "revenge" to a cat's actions, but sometimes it's really tempting! I had one cat who, when she was highly annoyed, would march straight into the bathroom and poop on the rug (she did it daily when I was away and she didn't care for my roommate! He was, of course, too stupid to simply pick up the rug!). I do see that as a statement of some kind! Remember, cats have limited ways of communicating...it's not like they can write you a letter or sit you down for a heart-to-heart chat! I certainly "got the message" when Spirit would do that, and I think it's pretty clear that your cat is expressing his opinion of your trips away from home!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.