Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to change my kitty litter since my cat never covers up once she is done (weird) I guess her mother never taught her...lol Anyone else having this issue?? Does your cat not cover up??

Oh... Worlds Best Kitty Litter is what I am using now and WOW amazing!!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Cinderella didn't cover. It wasn't the job of a diva, it was up to her minions.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Athena used to not cover. Apollo would hop in there after her and obsessively clean up after her. Now Athena spends just as long as him covering up. I wonder if he taught her to do this?

Glad to hear you're enjoying World's Best! I switched to that a while ago and absolutely love it as well! Sooo much easier to scoop than clay litter and it doesn't bother my asthma like clay did. It just feels a lot healthier.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Azalia always covered her poops. She's too dignified to not to so. Egypt used to not cover them and then Azalia would do it for her, but as she became more comfortable, she started to cover them as well. Lacey also used to not cover them when she first arrived, but she's over that now.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can someone tell me about World's Best Cat Litter? Does it really last 2 - 3 times longer, as their website claims? Is it odorless? I haven't liked either of the litters we've tried. (especially the clay litter - that dust drove my nose CRAZY!!)

I'd be willing to shell out the extra $$ if I knew it was worth it...

Oh, and I read on the website that it's flushable (is it???), but then there was an asterisk and this:

*The State of California encourages the disposal of cat feces in trash and discourages flushing cat feces in toilets or disposing of them in drains.

I live in California....so I can't flush it??? hahaha I actually laughed at this. California is such a weird state...

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
It's in my lease that I cannot flush "flushable" litter down the toilet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can someone tell me about World's Best Cat Litter? Does it really last 2 - 3 times longer, as their website claims? Is it odorless? I haven't liked either of the litters we've tried. (especially the clay litter - that dust drove my nose CRAZY!!)

I'd be willing to shell out the extra $$ if I knew it was worth it...

Oh, and I read on the website that it's flushable (is it???), but then there was an asterisk and this:

*The State of California encourages the disposal of cat feces in trash and discourages flushing cat feces in toilets or disposing of them in drains.

I live in California....so I can't flush it??? hahaha I actually laughed at this. California is such a weird state...

I used to use it, but it would get everywhere. Litter boxes are in a seperate room from my couch and it would always be on the back of the couch. Also, when I would scoop the litter I felt like I was breathing dust. Now I use dr. elsey's precious cat, and there is hardly any tracking, absolutely no dust, odor control is superior and my cats prefer it...

·
Registered
143 Posts
At one point I had two cats who were at odds about this. Sammy would poop and Ansen would sit and watch her. When she jumped out without covering, Ansen would jump in to take care of things while having a spirited discussion with her. They didn't argue about much but that was the one subject they could never see eye to eye on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hi Yellowdaisies - I have switched my litter to Fresh Air this one is WAY better than the Worlds Best Kitty Litter...

I found them while doing a search on line for other Cat Litters... Here is the link that I found and it made me ask some more questions to the forum and I have not just purchased it and LOVE IT!!!!

Fresh Air Cat Litter with Patented Carbon Pad - Its Cat Litter Made AWESOME! The Pet Loo

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

i think this may have more to do with the fact that if cat feces contain toxoplasmosis (and not all of them do), the sewage treatment will not kill it so it's basically flushed out into the ocean. then it sinks to the bottom and moves back up the food chain. sea otters have been dying of it. however, anyone who has a toilet trained cat will be facing the same dilemma.

i'm in colorado and i use pine wood pellets, but when i throw the stool in the toilet, whatever is clinging to it almost instantly comes apart. supposedly it's biodegradable but who knows. all i know is that if my cats are having a particularly smelly day and i'm not up to going down to the dumpster room, i flush it so it doesn't stink up my world. :)

then there's the issue of plumbing that i found out the hard way, but like an idiot i was flushing just poo and it wasn't even "flushable" litter. but i think i saw somewhere that the sea otter issue is why california doesn't want cat poo flushed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts