• Regular with baking soda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried several types. I can't seem to find one that neutralizes the odor.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What I use isn't listed in the poll. I use the non-clumping PaPurr® litter. It's a paper product that's processed to look and act like regular clay litter and seems to be nearly dustless. It still gets tracked out of the box, but doesn't get tracked far from the box since it doesn't stick to my cat's paws like clay.

I previously used a clay litter, but I disliked finding bits of the litter in other parts of the house.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
does anyone use tidy cat crystals? I've been using it for about a month now and at first I was really surprised at how well it did with the odor, but it doesn't last long. The instructions say one container for one cat will last one month as long as you remove the solid waste and stir the little to distribute the dirty litter with the clean. I do that, but it seems like at the end of the week, almost all of the litter has turned yellow from urine. It doesn't smell nearly as bad as clay did though. I usually only smell the urine when I bend down to clean the box out. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if my cat just pees to much for the litter to keep up with :?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ditto with the swheat scoop - almost all breeders use it - and I'm even seeing the niceness of it. It's easy to get (sold at Windixie and Publix even!) So it's not hard to get - and you can flush it down the toilet! Another plus! Breeders say it really cuts back on the unaltered male smell - so it's gotta be powerful - I'm thinking about telling my dad about it so he'll get it for Tigger.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the crystals. I like to mix the crystals with the scoopable. You can buy it already mixed but I don't think there's enough crystals so I do my own mix. :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What I use isn't in there either. I use chicken feed.

All of you Swheat Scoop and "World's Best" lovers need to go check out this thread. You can get the same performance from chick starter feed that you get from the ridiculously overpriced Swheat Scoop and WBCL. If you do a side-by-side comparison of World's Best and chick starter feed, you will not be able to tell them apart. Well, except for the price!

17lbs. of World's Best- $18.00
14lbs. of Swheat Scoop- $11.00

50lbs. of chick starter feed- $12.00

Yes, I said FIFTY pounds. It replaces about 80lbs. of clumping clay litter, so even if you use the cheapest clumping clay you can find, the chick starter is still cheaper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think I'll give it a shot, thanks for the info. By the way, I pay about $22 for 40lbs of Swheatscoop at petsmart, not too overpriced.

Ken

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Ditto on S*WHEAT Scoop. It's the only one I've ever used so I don't have a basis of comparison, but it seems great and I love the fact that it's flushable. One note about Target -- while they do carry it, I often find that my Target is out of stock of it for a couple days at a time. I usually buy two boxes at a time just to make sure it's available.

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
I've used S*WHEAT Scoop before and it doesn't clump at all and falls apart :? , just using I think its Maxx Cat, but I think it will be changed because I saw some better ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts