Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you clean the litter boxes? How often do you have to change the litter, I don't mean scoop out the poo and stuff but all of the litter? Do they smell alot? How much does kittylitter for a month cost on average?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have only one litterbox (I'm planning to buy a second one soon) and I clean it 2 times a day.

I wash the litterbox every 3-4 weeks, it depends....

The price depends on the brand. There are different kinds of litters. I buy the one made of wheat (it's flushable) and I'm happy with it. At the beginning I was using different one and I didn't like it - it didn't absorb the odor very well.

I'm sure you will get more opinions here. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have three tails and one huge litterbox. I clean it once or twice a day, depending on the fact how busy I am.

I change all of the litter once in two weeks (or once a week in summer, because of the hot weather).

I buy scoopable litter from Costco, it's not expensive at all, 30lb for $6.75. Usually one bag is enough for a month - month and a half.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I usually clean the litter 1 or 2 times a day, and change the litter about every 5 days or so, but I use a pine litter that turns to sawdust as it is used, so it will depend on how much the cat uses it and how much you put in as to how often you change it. I don't put much in because the dust tends to be kicked out of the box when he is digging. Oh it's also flushable, it's great. No more stinky garbage bags. 1 bag is 3.99 and lasts a month or so..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I "scoop" the litter box once a day. A complete change of litter and throughal cleaning is done once a month. I scrub the litter box with hot water (really hot, kills the germs good :wink: ) and liquid soap.

My cats litter box doesn't smell. It clumps well and the smell is enclosed in the little clumps. I use EverClean Less Track for litter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts