Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we got my kitten's peeing under control through keeping him in the bathroom. But NOW.....he seems to be pooping outside of the litter box!

I went in last night and there was one piece of it on the floor, I thought he just missed so I didn't think much of it. I just talked to my boyfriend and he told me that when he went in today there was more of it on the floor.

WHY could he be doing this now???? What could his problem be? Could it be because he gets mad when we put him in there? He is in there at night and for about 2 hours during the day after I go to work until my boyfriend gets home at 1pm. Or could it be because he's a kitten and he doesn't have as much control over it???

Any ideas?

By the way, it's a covered box and it's kept VERY clean.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
There are so many variables. I think he's just young, and not dependable, to be honest. However, you can change litter brands, scented, unscented, location of the box, cover, uncover. I think he'll become consistent with a bit of time and patience.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Jeanie.....I think it will just take some time....and lots of enzyme clean ups!

You teach piano? I went to college for piano, I play at ARCT level. That's cool!

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Maleke, I have been teaching piano and voice since my children were babies. Then I went back to college and got my teaching degree amd certification in English and Music Education. My major instruments were voice and piano. (The world should be grateful I don't have to play violin or clarinet anymore! SQUEAK-SQUEAL! ) I'm not familiar with that ranking of piano proficiency, but I assume it means at the level of an artist. I play the repertoire. I'm assuming you are at that level also. My favorite composers are Verdi and Beethoven. Of course I love Chopin, Rachmaninoff, etc.

I was just thinking of all the accidents our children have -even though they're in training pants. So little Maleke's doing fine.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Pooping outside the litterbox was exactly the problem my cat had. He would always pee in the box but every couple days he would poop outside the box. I could tell by watching him that there was something about the litter he didn't like. He would dig around, sniff and then whine and then dig some more and whine some more. I solved the problem by changing litter. I tried 3 kinds and finally found the one he accepts - Pet Gold Plus from PetCo.

Yes I have heard that some cats don't like a covered litterbox.

We'll get this figured out yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts