Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little one is so mad at me :( i step on her tail this morning . didn't see her hiding under the sheet . I was cleaning so she hide . i honestly didn't see her. Now she will not come to me or talk to me. Can't even get her to come to me for a treat nothing. She is my sensitive one. you raise your voice she goes and hides.

so have no idea how to make her not mad at me. she even hissed at me.

p.s. hates the vacuum

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you have something she loves to eat, you might sit down nearby and show her the treat and let her come to you when she's ready. She will probably forgive you for something yummy to eat!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure if she loves you she won't hold a grudge. she's just being grumpy right now. after you feed her she'll probably relax and get over it. maybe even break out some toys to lighten the mood. entice her with some catnip. c:

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
depaul1203, OK, so this is going to sound crazy but you must apologize to "Footie" that mommy is sorry she stepped on her and didn't mean to hurt her. Visualize what happened as you're apologizing. Bribe her with some yummy treats.....little bits of cheese, or chicken, even ice-cream. If it happens accidentally again, immediately apologize and make a big fuss over her. Believe me, cats do know the difference. If you don't apologize the cat thinks you did it deliberately. My husband stepped on one of my cats once while going downstairs while she was coming up, and because it startled him he yelled and swore at her. After that she would leave the room if he came into it and this went on for about 13 yrs! Finally I convinced him he would have to sweet talk her all the time and give her treats, and within a week she came around to him and even became his lap cat. I've often stepped on Alkee (my white Devon) as she has the bad habit of sitting right behind my feet while I'm working at the kitchen counter. I apologize immediately and she responds by arching her back and putting her tail up staight as if to say, "it's OK, I know you didn't mean it." "Footie" should come around, just be patient and extra loving to her and lots of treats.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I agree with the apologizing. MowMow is the same way, if I don't apologize it seems like he thinks it was on purpose.

To be honest, I'm ALWAYS tripping over MOwMOw or smacking him in the face by accident or knocking him off stuff (probably because he's always within 3/16th of an inch of me). He used to run away and stare at me from across the room like I assaulted him. Now I can stroke his head and apologize and he takes it in stride. If I DON"T apologize he goes off to amuse himself and keeps his distance for a little while.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure Io deliberately runs right in front of my legs and stops. I always apologize anyways and she seems to forgive me after sulking for a minute or to (you know the look, where they deliberately sit one foot away from you, their back to you, and swoosh their tail about.)

The only times it took longer were

1 - when the vacuum gave her a fright, she scratched me badly, and I shouted. I wasn't shouting at her, and I didn't make Roomba be a jerk, but it took her about a day before she decided to forgive me (and went and gave the vacuum a swat)

2. When I laughed at her. I watched her try to leap up to a window that didn't have a sill. She scrabbled and tried to run up the wall for a moment, then CRASH in a heap back on the floor. My partner and I were laughing so hard while she composure-groomed and glared daggers at us. The took a good 4-hours of coaxing and treats before she forgave us (or decided we didn't somehow hide the windowsill.)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I agree with catloverami: apologize profusely. I step on Ritz's tail every once in a while or forget her cat grass or don't spend a lot of time with her. I apologize a lot and act really sad and sorry. They won't understand the words but will understand the tone. Yeah, food helps smooth the way too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she is back to somewhat letting me pet her. i did tell her sorry. gave her some of my hot dog last night. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Some time ago someone posted that when their family stepped on the cat, they'd immediately give him profuse attention and treats, so the cat would constantly chase the people and stand behind them so they'd step on him and he'd get treats.

·
Registered
351 Posts
catnip cures all bad feelings.

Cats have feelings just like we do but somehow they react differently to things. Took me awhile to figure this one out for I didn't believe this was so until I had one Siamese cat flip me the bird with his tail and walk off into the kitchen to sulk...Just because I took away his play area with his mate.

Then I have been ignored for playing to rough but Marble comes around and even has a way of telling me to cool it. so stepping on a cats tail hurts and it can take awhile to gain trust again. Best to just forget it and ignore her and then she will want your attention again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Haha this makes me happy that my cat has no tail to be stepped on! I have however tripped over her and she just gives you dirty looks until you break out a treat. I turned the tables once when she scratched my face, and didn't talk to her for 3 days and she sulked around behind me until she jumped on my lap and head butted me to say sorry.
Don't worry, they always come around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts