Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just venting, but One_Ring has been complaining about this little kitten ever since she found him at 2-3 weeks old. She was kind to bottle feed him, but she's always complaining about his rabid, ferocious behavior, and the poor kitten is not allowed outside one room--never in the rest of the house, because her husband doesn't want any change in his lifestyle. I'm so afraid for this kitten. He is not cleaning himself properly now, but he's just a baby, and very small for his age. I can't believe the last line of this post:

Jeanie,

he's about 11weeks old now... Hopefully he will learn.

He just got his first vaccination yesterday and today he's such a poor thing.. Fever and less energetic.

Somehow I like him better this way :pPP Not so bitey.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yes, I've noticed that too. I'm not sure saying something would doing anything other then start an argument. I don't know though, the poor kitten.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
very sad.. some people should not have cats, children... etc...

it burns me that some people treat pets as if they were just unfeeling toys just here for their benefit.

i have not held back and let people know how i feel when they treat their cats poorly.

in this case like lexxie said it probably would not help. i feel real bad for this kitty. I hope some how she comes to her senses and treats her cat better.

maybe that comment was a little bit tongue in cheek… i hope that’s the case.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the kind of thing that mods should probably leave to the members. I have advised this girl in as kind a "tone" as I could that you can't expect adult behavior from a kitten. If one of us actually told her what we really think, it would make the site itself seem mean, and if we say nothing, we would appear wishy-washy. It's a lose-lose situation. I hope a member speaks up and says what we're thinking. We can't blame it all on her husband, because she is constantly complaining herself! And yet, she has a website for him, and a daily diary. I don't get it. :(

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all I can do not to pm One_Ring. I think her latest posts are hinting that Iggy will be going to a shelter. I guess he was just a whim. He has been locked up-away from people for so long he doesn't know how to act around people. I'm so upset about this! :cry:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
jeanie it bothers me very much too... i have held back making any comments to this person.. i was a afraid any comments from me wouldn't help, or would just inflame the situation.

iggy has been a prisoner to these people. i wish cats had rights...

it breaks my heart too. iggy is nothing more than a disposable toy to these people. if the iggy goes to a shelter i pray he finds a home.

it’s very frustrating. god will have to judge these people in the end.

·
Registered
863 Posts
personally, I think she complains that much because her husband does, because he doesn't like the cat. I think she really seems to love the cat (regardless of how good a parent she is), and that she would accept the biting and such if not for her husband threatening the SPCA. But another thing that's kind of worrysome is that she doesn't seem to be doing much to rectify the problem, no kitty punishment to help solve it.

Also, it seemed to me before that her love for kitty made problems worse than they appear. Although that doesn't mean they're not problems.

BTW - me saying she loves him doesn't mean she's a good mother. But I don't think she doesn't care what happens to him.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Bean said:
personally, I think she complains that much because her husband does, because he doesn't like the cat. I think she really seems to love the cat (regardless of how good a parent she is), and that she would accept the biting and such if not for her husband threatening the SPCA. But another thing that's kind of worrysome is that she doesn't seem to be doing much to rectify the problem, no kitty punishment to help solve it.

Also, it seemed to me before that her love for kitty made problems worse than they appear. Although that doesn't mean they're not problems.

BTW - me saying she loves him doesn't mean she's a good mother. But I don't think she doesn't care what happens to him.
good points bean..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts