Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i brought home kitten for my 3-yr-old, so she could have a friend. well, of course she hated the kitten. much hissing and growling and swatting later, they at least chase each other. but as little kitty grows up (and grows BIG) she is kicking big kitty's butt. (big kitty is not really so big... barely 8 lbs) ANYWAY, what's happening is kitten has decided she is number one. she bosses big kitty around. she jumps on her and kind of just lays on her and bites and punches her. she won't let her eat... she eats her own food then chases away big kitty and finishes hers. if i pay any attention to big kitty, kitten comes over and runs her off.

any suggestions to help curb this 'aggressive' behavior?
thanks! :?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well you seem to have let Kitten think that s/he was more dominant than the 'real' dominant cat. Introducing them slowly might have avoided this.. I have a kitten that I introduced to my cat (who hates me now, lol). I belong to kitten now because I seemed to have made the same mistake. :roll: So really, what she SHOULD have done was take it slow, and give cat a lot more attention than kitten (i think? someone told me that..!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts