Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Remus 8 Months old :)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just adopted my kitt Remus, I believe he is about 8 months old. He looks Part Russian Blue. I have read that their ghost tabby markings will generally fade as they reach adulthood. Im curious if any Russian blue moms have any information of when/if your cats stripes disappeared? He is also developing a bright green ring around his pupil, If they were to turn green, When does generally happen?

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't own a Russian blue, but I really want one! Once a Russian blue kitten reaches maturity their ghost tabby markings should fade. Kittens eye color changes from blue at about 6 weeks of age. Russian blues will develop a green ring around their pupil at about 5 months of age. He honestly looks like a mix between a tabby and a Russian blue, because he's markings are a little to pronounced. He's very pretty!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! He had the green rings around his eyes. Im hoping that they'll turn bright green!! :D But I love the yellow green as well! The Stripes are cute so I'm okay if they stay. Thank for your help!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You are very welcome! If he is a mix the stripes and eye color may stay, but then again they might change. He's a very pretty kitty!

·
Registered
137 Posts
There's still a possibility that he's a purebred Russian blue though. Keep us updated on his change in eye color and his markings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will! He certainly has the Personality of a Russian blue. Only time will tell!In March he will be 1 year! I'll keep updates :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts